Bumble Bee Bike Motors coming soon

proline20

Local time
5:27 AM
My friend and owner of Bumble Bee is acting very serious about starting up the Bumble Bee Bolt-On operation again. The bracket system is simple, attaching to the frame with one 3/4" bolt. And the kit is removable when you park the bike by pulling one pin and loosening the velcro holding the throttle cable. I saw the prototype running last night, very cool. Friction drive on the tire - search my posts and there's a couple pics of my builds. It looks like about a month away...the kit will come with a carry bag - when you want, pull the kit off, throw it in the bag, hide under your desk at work, etc... I'll keep folks here posted and will get some pics up as soon as the pretty demo bike is built.

What kind of bike should he mount the thing on for showing it off?

I told him to get a Micargi Cougar all chrome, that way folks will get neck sprains looking back and forth between the shiny bike and cool engine.

Sure wish someone had an old bumble bee with the us engine that could post a pic. Mine uses the same patented bracket/friction drive set-up but has a homelite 25cc. If these new ones are anything like mine, should give DIY riders something new/retro/different to play with. The word is that the first batch will be about 50 kits.

When the rains clear here in Central Florida, we are going to test 2 brand new kits and I'll post mph, mpg, and other info we learn.

I have a lot of pix of old bike motors, on my computer. I prefer vintage kits, or good friction drive kits. { See my Avatar}. I will have to look & see if there is a Bumble-Bee pix saved.

They're Here. Bumble Bee is back - bumblebeebolton.com...
I rode one of the demo bikes this past weekend in Mount Dora, FL. The people downtown were crazy for it, yelling at me and chasing me down to find out what the heck that thing was. (of course, they only get to chat if I get stuck at a red light)
150+ mpg, 25mph on the flat with a fatty riding. More fun than humans should be allowed...

Little more details or personal reviews???

What size engine is it?
Rollar size? (can different sizes be ordered?)

Compared to other brand of friction drives, is the better or equal?

If the whole thing is in fact made in America, I doubt that they will be using a Subaru engine. I would like to see a 4-stroke engine in their future though.

Fuel concern...

If the fuel tank is engine mounted (assuming it is), storage at work or school premises could be a problem. Maybe a quick disconnect fuel line is in order? Sounds pretty cool otherwise!

Back