GEBE Komatsu Zenoah Redmax GZ25N direct replacement

cpuaid

Local time
3:27 AM
Does anyone know what engines can be used as a direct replacement for an older GEBE Komatsu Zenoah Redmax GZ25N kit? I love this engine to death due to it's horsepower to mileage ratio (220 miles+ per gallon!!) but it's impossible to find a spare engine for it online. Calling around the local Redmax dealer wasn't any help at all.

Calls to a couple of local small engine/lawnmower repair shops wasn't any help either. I can get no one to confirm that it's a 54mm clutch. Apparently these engines rarely break down!

I'm fairly certain it's a 54mm clutch. Call GEBE, they were a major dealer for these engines and will be able to suggest a suitable replacement.

Calls to a couple of local small engine/lawnmower repair shops wasn't any help either. I can get no one to confirm that it's a 54mm clutch. Apparently these engines rarely break down!
den's always said how much he loved them, i've never had the pleasure.

you're the best guy to confirm what you have now...i don't have a 54mm to
reference, so i'll try to bass-ackwards help out.

here's a 76mm gebe clutch...
Mvc-016f.jpg
the distance between the bolts that attach to the engine is approx 72mm...so a 54mm clutch would have a (my quick guess) 46-50mm bolt-distance. since there's only the 2 sizes, the difference should be obvious.

Last edited:
You might check e-bay or craigslist for a redmax never know ???
I did a quick check on ebay they had a few parts for redmax..
it also said redmax was maid by KOMATSU..

I've checked Ebay and even nation wide craigslist daily for the past several months on that particular part number or compatible Zenoah/Komatsu/Redmax newer model engine. Most of the Zenoah/Komatsu/Redmax engines on Ebay is for a different model number and is mainly used in R/C cars, airplanes, or marine applications which I'm not sure if they use the same clutch assembly. Gopedders also sometimes use the Zenoah/Komatsu/Redmax engines but many have switched over to the Chinese CY engines. I've googled the heck out of that model on lawn and small engine websites but again no luck. You may think i'm crazy but this engine fits perfectly for my needs @ 220+ MPG and a cruising speed of at least 30 MPH and a top speed of 33 MPH.... and all of this on a 25CC engine! Nothing else out there even comes close to the mileage and power ratio of this wonderful little Japanese engine.

Treewk, I also have a Tecumseh TC200 21220 B 6092G that came with a Viper TC3 friction kit I bought several months ago. I never even took a look at the clutch size but from the mounting bolt spacing, it also appears to be a 54MM clutch!
motorbikemike45 & augidog, there is a metal shroud that is covering up the clutch drum assembly and is roughly about 65MM. I will not be able to remove it until Sunday (if I dare). Honestly, the whole unit has been running well and i'm just a little afraid of messing around with the current setup. You know the old saying... why mess with it when it ain't broken. you would think another member would know the clutch type/size of the GZ25N since it's been around for awhile!! I guess these engines really never break down for anyone to even want to open it up and see. my wife has told me to get rid of some of my other motorize bikes so i plan on keeping my Staton with the Mitsubishi TLE43 and this GEBE with the GZ25N. With the extra cash i plan on buying a spare GZ25N engine just in case i ever go on that cross state bike ride i've always wanted to do.

Centralprossesorunitaid, Yes One Of My Tecumseth`s Is A Complete Friction Drive New In The Box, Never Ran. I Thought Mine Were T 300 Models. I Need To Look At Them Again. I Have Around 40, All Styles. (bad Out Of Control Addiction) Ron

Back