Steam Powered Bicycle- from scratch

Always wondered, if you could condense the steam back into water and reuse it in a closed system, it would be much less restraining. Not sure it would be practical for our purposes. Although pictured on the vid, is a very small engine. (Hmmm, push trailer?) The return already being close to boiling temp, would be a mighty efficient system except for that whole exploding thing. Always a trade off, eh?

Way OT,.. Dave, just noticed your sig. During the good Mr. Barry's last ficticious run for president, I made beer, well, I cheated. A buddy of mine in S.A. designed lables and at a book signing, presented him a few bottles. Sure it was a children's book, but hey...

http://blogs.herald.com/dave_barrys_blog/2007/10/strumpdate-4.html

they have huge cooling towers at power stations. To cool the water for reuse.
I was reading a book about vintage farm tractors. They had a large condensor radiator on the front of them.

I geuss the bike doesnt use so much steam. So a cooling condensor wouldnt have to be all that big.

they have huge cooling towers at power stations. To cool the water for reuse.
I was reading a book about vintage farm tractors. They had a large condensor radiator on the front of them.

I geuss the bike doesnt use so much steam. So a cooling condensor wouldnt have to be all that big.

Cool thought Al. Got me thinking a simple used radiator would work.

Oil Problem

On Jay Leno's Garage, he remarks that since you inject oil into the steam, you always have the problem of oil in your water. That always prevented a real, closed system. They never figured out a way to separate them out.

Back