nice pipes!

clay

Local time
12:23 AM
i got into these bikes after building a pipe for a friend. the first pipe was a complete stab in the dark as far as length and size is concerned. but it worked great on a stock motor.

downsized_0625091649.jpg

i wasn't happy with the way the first pipe looked though, i wanted it to look like a two stroke pipe, so i did some research. wow! there is a lot of math and theory involved in building one of these suckers. after a lot of reading, calculating, measuring, and welding-- here is v2

0815092014.jpg

0815092013.jpg

Hmmmm,

is that the finished outlet ? being an end bleed configuration i would have thought it would need a bit of a stinger ?

love the way you segmented the chamber to get it to both tuck in between the cranks AND stay up close to the BB.

have you run it on an engine yet ?

steve

dt,
you can see the little stinger a little in the first pic. the motor was way too peaky with the correct size stinger, it could barely make it to the powerband, then it felt like you hit the nitrous, there was no slow cruise. that particular id and length stinger seemed to be the best compromise for the way i ride.

i had to give my buddy his dellorto 16/16 sha back and needed some pretty heavy carburetion to keep up with the airflow requirements of this fire breathing beastie, so i figured that 2 must be better than 1. i will be building another intake for the duals soon and the carbs need a little finesse but they work about 90% as good as the dellorto. i should be able to get the final tune done tomorrow. you would not believe how nice the throttle pull is with that little 90deg cable router

DSC01365.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

wow... very impressive clay. any chance you want to make me one of those pipes and dual carb dealies... I got paypal????

yes there is, but your motor has to be ported to work with this pipe and carbs. for that reason i am selling everything but the bottom end. for $350 you get a new ported cylinder, modified piston, decked and reshaped head, carbs (already jetted), mild steel tuned pipe (nickel plated), and an ngk plug. turnaround is about a week and shipping to the lower 48 is 15 bucks. paypal is best for every one

Back