Planning my 1st mb project :)

xRegginoy

Local time
10:19 AM
Hi all, after seeing a few mbs around my city and reading this forum, I have decided to make one on my own. Buying one wouldn't be as interesting. The forum description say it includes projects so I think this part of the board would be appropriate.

For my mb I have decided to purchase this engine from zoombicycles

http://www.zoombicycles.com/eShop/1...G-Jet-Silver-49cc-Gas-Bicycle-Engine-Kit.html

I contacted them and they said they would ship to San Diego. :D

edf6ae81eb4afb726bf1a9ea40e97663.jpg

As for the bike, I'm not really sure. At the moment I don't own a bike, it was unfortunately stolen 2 months ago. I was thinking about buying the kit just to check it out and familiarize my self with the parts, I only know about maybe 4 things haha. I was thinking of some kind of cruiser bike and I decided I would try to find one that would allow frame mounting. I'm also on sort of on a tight budget and I will probably have to purchase a used bike off of Craigslist, but hey, people sell some pretty good ones for cheap. Being only a bit older than 15 1/2 and not 16 yet, hopefully I can find a job for some money to spend on upgrades.

I've been looking at head and tail lights and I have a 3 in 1 electric honking, brake light, and turn signals on the way to my house (similar to the one being sold on zoombicycles).

Last edited:
You can get some prety good bikes from target and walmart for under $150 bucks but craigslist is a good place to start.Good luck with your build and post lots of pics ,we like pics:DOh and a cruiser will need some kind of front mount to get you going. sick bike parts sells a good one that i used on mine

Last edited:
I wouldn't use a wal mart bike. I checked them out for my build and they seem cheep, I dont know how well they will hold up to the torque. Its not the frame, its the parts on the frame... Just my 2 cents.

You can get some prety good bikes from target and walmart for under $150 bucks but craigslist is a good place to start.Good luck with your build and post lots of pics ,we like pics:DOh and a cruiser will need some kind of front mount to get you going. sick bike parts sells a good one that i used on mine

Thanks for the advice and the luck. Don't worry, I know that everyone likes pics. What do you mean "front mount"? :eek:

Pictures are bad quality but does this bike look like it could handle an engine. The bottle holder is removable I assume.

3ka3o63p1ZZZZZZZZZ96k4b4fbc3c7e4f1ebe.jpg
3n33m13ocZZZZZZZZZ96ke01874eecfd41bd5.jpg

edit 11:13pm
so far on the bike search... a guy i messaged on craigslist about a mountain bike, wasn't any detailed description or pic, he said
"basically I bought it off craigslist when I moved to california in
December. It's a full suspension bike from wal-mart and honestly if
you came and picked it up you can have it for free. It's in ok shape
and rides well, I just need to get rid of it. Lemme know if
interested."

Hopefully ok shape is good enough for an mb haha, jk. I'll probably have to do some tune up to it.

Then I got a reply from some one about this bike which was listed as "a pretty decent bike for sale, it's a bit on the smaller side"
3k93pa3o5ZZZZZZZZZ96j886999fe7e15100a.jpg

and they said i could check it out tomorrow.

yeeh

Last edited:
update, been gone since monday cause i attended a leadership training for jrotc,and it was.. interesting.

i got my engine from zoombicycles. heres pics.
IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

... i still need to find my self a bike.

I love the smell of those kits :)

Good luck on the hunt! Maybe roll through the neighborhood on trash night and see what is left out too :) I found an OCC Chopper that way. Living on a military base, I saw people trash good bikes all the time!

i finally found a decent bike for cheap, i know i know, why buy something cheap if you're going to be going 25+ on it.

it was $50 and i'll be picking it up in about 30 minutes

3k93pe3l1ZZZZZZZZZ977dc2ce05360c01155.jpg

described as, schwinn 26" mens ranger mountain bike

Still has original tires and barcode - rarely used. Must move. Less than 1/3 the price! cash only
SCHWINN with shimano gears featuring grip shift
style S2600TG

anyone know of any negative things about this bike?

Back