<<< Sick Bikes Felt Red Barron Cruiser >>>

alright!!!! I am finally finished... It took forever (well actually four solid days and a couple of weeks on the net and waiting for shipping) but it is actually done. I had the nuvinci hub laced into my wheel yesterday and installed it today. All I can say is... WOW!!!!! Besides making my bike way faster through the higher gear ratios, it has an unexpectedly much smoother power delivery. here is a list of what I have put on the bike in case anybody is interested...

2007 felt Red Barron cruiser
Zoombicycles 80cc engine kit
Sick Bikes deluxe jackshaft kit
Nuvinci CVP hub
Ridley Motorcycles front mount
upgraded plug and plug wire
upgraded fuel filter
upgraded air filter
Dual pull brake lever (no brakes yet)
Port matched intake and exhaust
(Wal-Mart) Bell leather tool bag
(Wal-Mart) Schwin rear bicycle rack
...a ton of red electrical tape

I would just like to thank Jim @ sick bikes for his help... he called even after we exchanged e-mails and solved my problems, just to make sure I was taken care of. I appreciate all comments, thanks for looking...

Attachments

• IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 57,858
  • IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 8,867
  • IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 3,273
  • IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,225
  • IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2,253
Last edited:
She is a really lovely build. Looks brilliant. What sort of speed will it do at not too near full revs? Will it pull up any hill and is the pedal cadence OK with the NV hub?

She can do 45-50 mph depending on conditions and pedaling. cruises very easily around 30 mph. With the nuvinci hub you can pull up anything with ease under just motor power alone (you can pedal if you like but definitly not required). The gearing goes so low you can almost idle up any hill. I took it to the beach and tested it up some very challenging stuff... nuvinci seems indestructible.

I love that setup. I was at the bike shop recently, and they have a Felt MP on sale for $600. I almost picked it up to build like yours. I just retired from the Military, and am looking for a job, but if I get hired, the Felt might be mine to celebrate :)

That is a heavy bike, but must feel solid at speed. Nice build!

I love that setup. I was at the bike shop recently, and they have a Felt MP on sale for $600. I almost picked it up to build like yours. I just retired from the Military, and am looking for a job, but if I get hired, the Felt might be mine to celebrate :)

That is a heavy bike, but must feel solid at speed. Nice build!

definitely feels good. Very good quality bike... Highly recommended

fixed the gas tank problem... I put the rear fender back on, lowered the seat and rigged a NEW gas tank. I used a rear rack with a red one gallon plastic gas tank and some bungee cords. Still have to rig some hardware to make the tank connect to the fuel line... but it shouldn't be hard with some washers, o-rings, and nuts. Will post some pics when I am done. It looks a ton better and rides much nicer with the seat lower.

Did you end up spreading the rear to fit that nuvinci in? I thought cvp hubs are 135mm and most cruiser frames are 110mm?

looks like he is a banned member might not get a response edrock :-(

I would like to know how vtec stops this bike i can't see brakes on it can you?

edit. checking the Vtec member profile say he was onliune today how can that be possible if he is a banned member? New account name but has same i.p address? sneaky..

Last edited:
From what i have read past few days i see him post alot, seemed like someone
that stirred people up for no reason other than they had different views than his, was like alot of kids his age i have known i think, they think they know it all and everyone else knows nothing. Would still like to know how he stops i bet he is on here with new name maybe he will respond for us :)

Last edited:
Maybe he uses stolen French, German, British, Irish and Australian passports to get into the Forum. I suspect Give me Vtec and MBFerret are the same person, He might be planning a hit,

Back