two stroke vs four stroke

wilbur

Local time
2:04 AM
Hi guys .I was wondering what the pros and cons of two stroke vs four stroke would be .My main thing would be if you had two engines with same cc and ,h.p. ,which one would be faster and more powerful.I know 2stroke (more smoke,more r.pm.s maybe more power,also more noise but ,less moving parts and weight.Thanks .

Hi guys .I was wondering what the pros and cons of two stroke vs four stroke would be .My main thing would be if you had two engines with same cc and ,h.p. ,which one would be faster and more powerful.I know 2stroke (more smoke,more r.pm.s maybe more power,also more noise but ,less moving parts and weight.Thanks .

Although there are MANY posts like this on various places on this site, I will offer my brief opinion:

The only advantages that a 4 stroke has are that you don't have to mix gas and oil, and they can be quieter. That's it (in my opinion).

The advantages of a 2 stroker are: Lighter, simpler, no crankcase oil to worry about changing, more powerful, made to run at full throttle for extended periods of time.

Needless to say, I am running a 2 stroke. Mitsubishi TLE43.

There's one opinion for you,

Warner

some searching will find you much regarding this

The only advantages that a 4 stroke has are that you don't have to mix gas and oil, and they can be quieter. That's it (in my opinion).

The advantages of a 2 stroker are: made to run at full throttle for extended periods of time.

some searching will find you much regarding this very well dicussed issue
but -- pretty much agree with Warner there
but -- solid built four strokes can also run full throttle for long periods

4-strokes usually have much more torque

MM

Thanks guys .I did a search but I couldnt find anything.I am thinking of getting a Honda gx35 or 50.Are they good engines?.

excellent choice -- ride that HONDA thing

Thanks guys .I did a search but I couldnt find anything.I am thinking of getting a Honda gx35 or 50.Are they good engines?.

Honda -- very well known for

no problems -- as we get -- long time -- fun time ride

have had many Hondas over the years with thousands and thousands of miles

never wore one out -- never replaced more that just points and plugs

ride that HONDA thing

Both are excellent engines....the 35 is a little noisy & underpowered(particularly on hills) but u get use to that.
The 50 has a fair bit more power & it's more versatile with the amount of different kits/parts available.
4-strokes are built for LONGEVITY.

Back