3 levels for speed selection

Vaporware.
I have seen similar ads they usually include the standard kit but this one comes with a seperate three speed shifter attachment. A handle only LOL.
This is not a shift kit but BS.

This is why I am calling this BS.
From their site Quote 3-Speed Clutch Lever ----3 levels for speed selection. Easy to shift gears! Unquote LOL.

Sick bike parts , and the scooter guy are still the only one's that sell a shift kit.

Last edited:
I have this

Its not a shift kit, it IS a shifter, but its origionally designed for the front derailer of the bike. The cool thing about using this as a clutch lever is that it automatically locks your clutch so you don't have to hold it, can be a little bumpy though when letting it out. Its just a miscommunication. Its just a brake and a 2 lever shifter in one part. **** part is, if the clutch cable brakes or anything, its close to impossible to replace. I do NOT recommend this product (just the one item). The large frame kit is awesome though and the throttle brake looks nice, I just perfer a standard brake lever.

I have been looking at the same thing. It gave me the impression that there are actually 3 separate gears in clutch. From the above, I am assuming this is not quite true.

You can change the cable in those shifters, those shifters came on my mountain bike. I don't see how it would be good to use as a clutch lever, you would always have to pedal up to speed before you engaged the clutch.

A dual cable lever is a much better option anyway.

I use a shimano 3 speed click shifter. "Click on click off". I like it a lot. I'm used to being able to feather the clutch like you can on a motor cycle or a car. So, for me, it is a little different having the clutch either "on" or "off" But I like it a lot better than having two levers for my left hand: one for brake and one for clutch.

**** part is, if the clutch cable brakes or anything, its close to impossible to replace.

I've never had to replace my cable but there's no reason why it would be hard. At least not any harder than replacing a front derailleur cable

I don't see how it would be good to use as a clutch lever, you would always have to pedal up to speed before you engaged the clutch.

That's how you start these engines. You have to be moving about 5 MPH. and then engage the clutch. Well, unless you've got a pull start or something. How else would you start your bike? I know there's no way I could start mine from a stand still.

I am using the 3 speed grip shifter for a clutch and it works great. The bike came with grip shifters and I took off the front derailer so it seemed logical. Using the grip shift cleans up the bars alot since you now only have 2 brake levers. I see that they sell them at 3 speed shifters but it really is just a gear shifter for a bike. If you shift slow, you may get 2 speeds + neutral but all it really is doing is making the clutch slip.

FYI- for cables, Wally world or Big K sell a bike repair kit that comes with 2 shift cables and 2 brake cables for $5. I use the brake cables for throttle and shift cables for clutch.

Back