Best Commercial E Bike, Think I Found It

I should of also mentioned the cause of Rhetts accident is unknown aside from the fact that no other vehicle was involved. It is thought it might possibly be caused by Rhett having a low blood sugar and passing out while riding, he then fell as "dead weight" head first onto the concrete pavement...unprotected human cranium + concrete= brain damage, makes me shudder to think about it. I myself was in a very serious accident 20 years ago in a coma for several weeks luckily it was induced and i had no brain, damage...well...non that wasn't present before the accident.

We might never know exactly how Rhett injured himself, fact remains IF he had taken the precaution of wearing a helmet he WOULD be here himself telling us about it not lying in ICU in a coma fighting for his life...Wether its your own fault or others that causes the accidnt its up to you to be prepared best you can for it, wether its a quick trip to the local store or even a zap around the block WEAR A HELMET...I cant stress this enough for the younger fellas on this site, i remember when i was young thought i was ten foot tall and invincible, hit two lamposts on a motorcycle doing 70km/hr and see how 'invincible' you are!

I have no further updates at this time will keep the forum updated of Rhetts progress when Helen contacts me.

KiM

Same here. This is a terrible thing. I pray that he and his family find some comfort in this situation. These times push us to consider our own mortality and frailty as well as ponder what may lay beyond the curtain of this life and the next. I had a (supposedly) terminal illness when I was 12 years old. That really opened my eyes to what is really important. It also opened my eyes to get to know the God who made me and to whom I am accountable to.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Matt

Update on Rhetts Condition

I have just received an update emal from Lisa (Rhetts sister) she has traveled down to the facility to visit Rhett and see how Helen is holding up. I shall simply copy and paste the entire email as most is relevant albeit saddening.

"Dear family and friends,

I am writing to you from Atlanta where I have been since last Saturday afternoon. Since my arrival, Helen and I have been aggressively seeking definitive answers regarding Rhett's long term prognosis. I must say that this process has been like trying to nail jello to a wall. However, we have been informed repeatedly that that time was necessary in order to accurately determine Rhett's progress enough to confirm a consistent level of brain function and thus, his likely quality of life.

This morning I spoke with Rhett's neurologist, who had just completed a consultation with the original neurological team from ICU. Together, they thoroughly examined Rhett's previous diagnostic test results in comparison to those performed recently and I am very sad to report that news is most disheartening. Unfortunately, the tests confirm that Rhett's entire frontal lobe is catastrophically and permanently damaged, his brain function is minimal and he is not expected to come out of a coma or at best, recover beyond a persistent vegetative state. Based on this information we can rest assured that Rhett is not suffering or capable of cognitively processing pain.

Currently, arrangements are being made for the next phase of Rhett's care. Meanwhile, all we can do wait and pray for mercy.

My heart breaks for all who love Rhett.

I will keep you posted.

Lisa
"

Helen and Rhett had discussed if one of them ended up in a state such as Rhett is now, where quality of life was an issue, and what the other would want done. If Rhetts condition doesn't improve which has now been found it wont, Rhett wont be left to suffer on life support.

Shall keep the forum updated on any news i receive back from the family...

KiM

It is with sadness i report that Rhett passed on Saturday at 12:04 EST. His sister, wife and best friend of 30 years were with him as he took his last breath.

RIP Rhett...

rhett.jpg

KiM

Last edited:
Horribly sad and tragic news. I didn't know you Rhett but you live on through your writing and enthusiasm shown here, may you rest in peace.

Profound condolences and prayers to family, loved ones and friends.

Thank you AJ for keeping us informed and allowing us to acknowledge a friend.

Last edited:
I am deeply saddened by the news. Rest in Peace with our prayer's Brother Rhett. You will not be forgotten here until the day it's our time and we ride together in a better place.

It gives a sense of a larger perspective on what we are doing with ebikes.

Don't freak out about the small stuff... at least we're alive...

Rest in Peace.

Back