Sick Bike Parts-bikes thread!

i have seen a bunch of pictures of these bikes but i always want more. so lets see what you have done and please, ONLY bikes with the SBP shifter kit installed!

jesusjonz,

i have seen others builds with the SBP/HT kit but none that had as good close ups o ftheir chain/ sprocket arrangement.

i'm sure others are just the same but, isn't there any concerns running that wide 40-41 series chain on the SBP standard bike chain chainring ?

i considered i tfor my build bu tthe cahin seems SO heavy and the extra 1/8" of link width kind of made me nervous about" rollover" derailments.

i really like the road bike BTW, i hope more guys will try it.

steve

My Ross Mt. Whitney

Love the SBP kit. Today I am starting to Fabricate a polished aluminum tank to hang below the top tube, I hate that tank on my rack. Also changing to crusier style bars.

Attachments

• PA020066.jpg
    PA020066.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,170
Ghost0,

since you asked, here's a couple pics of my bike.

Trek 4500 WSD, thescooterguy engine mount, GP460 engine, mod'd exspansion chamber, SBP freewheel, 44T chainring, pedal cranks, jump stop, Andyinchville 22T chainring.

still need to get my engine drive chain choice and tensioners sorted and the fenders back on, but it's finished enough to ride and i'm commuting to work on it.

you are welcome to lift these pics for the web site and/or any others from my "Trek 4500/ GP460 / 8 speed SHIFTER " thread that you like.

thanks for all the parts , tools and input for my build.

steve

Attachments

• SBP--Trek-GP460-Shifter-001.jpg
    SBP--Trek-GP460-Shifter-001.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 527
  • SBP--Trek-GP460-Shifter-002.jpg
    SBP--Trek-GP460-Shifter-002.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 474
jesusjonz,

i have seen others builds with the SBP/HT kit but none that had as good close ups o ftheir chain/ sprocket arrangement.

i'm sure others are just the same but, isn't there any concerns running that wide 40-41 series chain on the SBP standard bike chain chainring ?

i considered i tfor my build bu tthe cahin seems SO heavy and the extra 1/8" of link width kind of made me nervous about" rollover" derailments.

i really like the road bike BTW, i hope more guys will try it.

steve

The chain is just standard old bike chain. Well new bike chain but the same stuff you can get at Wally world.
Terry

jezusjonz where did you get that rear tank?

I bought on ebay about a year ago. There ok but they like to leak around the cap theres no neck inside them. I like the out of site when your riding of the tank but other than that dont care for it. I orginally bought it for a bike I built and unbuilt that a teardrop just wasnt going to work.
Terry

ok, you guys have got me drooling, happy???

lol i am saving up for a motorcycle, but this is very tempting!!!!!

My MB now.

The last pic is of my MB before the downtube snapped. Fortunately, I had purchased matching bikes when I was still married (it was my ex's bike that broke), so I transferred the components over to my frameset and installed the shifter kit on it.

First off, I have ordered and received the expansion pipe and shifter kit with in 2-3 days of ordering them. The attention to packing and the parts quality is SUPERB!. Hats off to SBP. What a great company. I used the header and manifold fom the SBP pipe to mount a daves motors expansion pipe. It has a larger, longer (quieter?) muffler; the dimensions of the expansion chamber are nearly identical.

The kit assembled easily. Just follow the instructional .pdf to the letter. I got the thing together in 5 hours. Be sure to adjust the bicycle chain length to the smaller drive chain ring. If you do not, the derailleur may not be able to take up the slack fast enough to prevent the chain form jumping off. A lesson learned the hard way.

The Ride:
OMG!!! What a difference. It is a whole new machine! I have not adjusted the pipe length yet. The motor gets on the pipe in the upper rpm range. I need to shorten it so it comes on earlier. With a 9-speed cassette (30 tooth to 11 tooth) it idles at 6.5 mph and it tops out around 42. I cruise between 28 to 34 mph. With a helmet.

Attachments

• IMG00158.jpg
    IMG00158.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG00160.jpg
    IMG00160.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG00161.jpg
    IMG00161.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG00073.jpg
    IMG00073.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Hey people these are latest pics of my bike. Pretty happy with it so far. I'm thinking it might need a few adjustments though as the chain seems to "twang" when pedalling in 9th gear and also there is a bit of slack before the pedals/engine engage again after freewheeling. Thinking I might need to shorten the bottom chain?

Last edited:
EnFlaMed, when the chain is in top gear (smallest cog); the derailleur tensioning gears should be vertical. Judging from the one picture; you need to lose 2-3 links.

Back