home remedy goggle anti-fog

spunout

Local time
4:10 AM
there's no need to spend $ on Rain-X, or other glasses/goggles anti-fog.

dab a little shaving cream onto tissue or paper towel, and rub gently into the inside of your specs. it will leave a invisible film thats fairly impervious to fogging up.

great for winter riding.

car wax works well for shedding raindrops on the outside of lenses.

This is for my friends car actually, but they told me they get some laundry detergent, and spread it over the top of their truck window. Works like a charm to keep the rain off! (My friends truck doesn't have any windshield wipers, and this is a great quick fix)

Shaving cream is legendary for anti-fog. Just be sure its plain old fashioned type not the gels (work but not as good). Super for bathroom mirrors when the hot shower is on. And for windshields/goggles, try any of the quick detailer spray products as opposed to RainX. Works great, cheaper, and no streaks.
WC

Learned the best fix decades ago when skin diving for fogging of goggles and such, and it's free. Merely spit on the lens and wipe off.

I'll second that, but don't wipe too much. In fact, one of my diving instructors always said not to wipe it at all. My tests suggested that lasted longer, but then, that was with already wet goggles and staying down for an hour or so with scuba gear.

I want to try the shaving cream trick though.

Saliva is a cleaner, one day my credit card would not swipe, the magnetic strip was unreadable. The girl at the local pepboys told me to wet it with spit and dry it off on your shirt. It not only worked then, never had to clean it again. You guys come up with some real helpful suggestions.

Back