NE-R Product review thread.

RdKryton

Local time
5:15 AM
I think it would be a great idea to have anyone that has purchased an NE-R to please post a review. The more the merrier. Product reviews are important and can help people decide which way to go on a future purchase.

Jim

Last edited:
Wow RD, This sounds interesting. Let's see what happens. Was this thread started because of spookeyd implying that Quenton wasn't telling the truth about the new NE R's reviews in the thread "Death of the NE5"? Quenton wrong about Whizzer info? Never seen it & probably never will.

Last edited:
Yes Jay it was in response to comments on that thread. I don't want anyone to call anyone else a liar so I figured this would be the easiest way to get facts out in the open.

Jim

We got our first NE R a couple of weeks ago, I really like this bike, it is very comforatable, very smooth, and the disk brakes are great. The wide left crank felt odd at first but I got used to that pretty quick, plus it keeps your knee away from the exaust as well. Only two issues during make ready , gasket on the lifter cover was torn and had a small leak, and the tach didn't work. Both items were simple repairs. It ran well right out of the box. We have one 08 NE5 left and it is faster than the new bike, but I think the NE R is more comforatble. Kenny

NE-R Review

Hi KBC, I am glad to hear of your sucess in testing the NE-R. How many miles have you put on it? Have you had a chance to try some hills? Seeing how it is not as fast as your 08, how well does it accellerate from stop signs?

We all will want to know how well it goes for you. BTW what is your logical stock top speed?

Mike

So far it only has about twenty miles on it. Sorry no hills here in southeast Texas, but it does pull away from a stop better than the NE 5 ,Top speed so far is about 30 mph. This is right out of the box , no real adjustments, or mods have been made to the carb or spacer yet. Kenny

I have heard that some of the NER's are coming through with the restrictor and some are not. Does yours have it?

Jim

Last edited:
Back