HoughMade 71- done for now?

Higher resolution pics coming, but these will get the point across....I'm tired, but not tired in the bike.

Wanted to have a better background (a sunny Indiana corn field), but its pretty rainy here. That also means I ain't taking for its first ride fully completed- some day I'll ride in the wet- but not the first ride!

I welcome questions about what I did and how.

Attachments

• Bike-9 099-2.jpg
    Bike-9 099-2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,716
  • Bike-9 100-2.jpg
    Bike-9 100-2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,572
  • Bike-9 101-2.jpg
    Bike-9 101-2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,011
Few more pics

Few more pics

Attachments

• Bike-9 103-2.jpg
    Bike-9 103-2.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,402
  • Bike-9 104-2.jpg
    Bike-9 104-2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 854
  • Bike-9 106-2.jpg
    Bike-9 106-2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 829
Very, very nice. It would be a shame to get it all muddy.

Is the front fork leaf spring a functional spring?

I'm waiting out the rain till I can ride my new build too, in South Haven, MI.

Thanks!

The leaves are ornamental- non functional. The front fork is actually a standard Schwinn style springer.

Absolutely awsome! You are my hero.
I am in the planning stages of something like this. A stumbling block for me was that I wanted an exposed engine and the only thing coming up was a HT kit. Well sir, you just shot that theory in the tucas. Now I can see what the 4 stroke kit will look like and me likes!
Too many questions though. For one, I want either a fuel tank like yours or a round type under the seat. How did you make yours? I'm thinking about talking to a welder or is yours F'glass? Also, what is that 'keg pump' looking affair with the copper tubing? Functional? Show? Whatever, it looks neat! Headlight is a plus too. Battery operated? Oil? Again, who cares...looks great.
Any plans for adding chain guards?
I've got my daily commuter; now I want to start my project even more.
Oh! Where do you get a kickstand like that?
KUDOS! Job well done!
WC

Under a fiberglass cover I made (never did that before and would do it differently if I did it again)- there is a standard 1/2 gallon fuel tank. However, the cover is permanently bonded on with polyurethane adhesive and foam.

I am thinking of fabricating a tank out of sheetmetal in the future. This project has done wonders for many of my DIY skills, why not more sheetmetal skills? I like the under seat keg idea on the right bike. The "keg pump" is meant to sort of mimic the look of an oil pump from an early motorcycle with a "total loss" oiling system. In my case, it is a tire pump just mounted in a funky manner.

I have no intention of riding at night. The headlight "works" but is no brighter than a flashlight. It is fashioned from an old railroad battery-operated lantern. The speedometer is housed in the headlight.

I will not have any chainguards. The earliest of cycles did not have them. I got the kickstand from bikepartsusa.com, but they are available many places.

Thanks for you kind words.

Oh, and by the way- I counted 41 acorn nuts...my son was curious how many I used.

Very cool. The attention to detail is stunning! You even striped the muffler.

Sounds like you are already planing your next build. Keep raising the bar (thats not just a cheesy lawyer joke).

Back