Idiots Have Serious Motored Bike Crash in Australia

I

Irish John

On Thursday night near where I live two idiots on motorised bikes ran into each other in town and bust into flames. They were seriously burnt - one moreso than the other - and airlifted to hospital 700 kms away.
This will definitely attract police attention and will probably result in legislation making our lives more difficult. Both bikes were seized by police and I'll bet the engines will be the 70cc HT ones that do not comply with power rating etc.
Why they bust into flames probably has a lot to do with those shonky fuel cocks that break like cheese as well as the always leaking petrol tank caps.
This is really not what we need right now and given that NSW was indeed a police state for it's first 80 years and, in many ways, still is I expect there to be really restrictive legislation about the whole subject of motorised bikes.
I get asked to build bikes often for people but most of them don't get past the interview stage and get sent packing because I have an aversion to petrol heads and don't want to see them riding motored bicycles.
Last year we had another idiot just down the road from here who ran into a telegraph pole at about 50 kms\hr and also got a free helicopter ride. I'd seen him a week before and he stank of grog at 9.30AM. These guys are a scourge upon the rest of us. You can read the full story on:
http://www.aol.com.au/news/story/Mystery-of-motorised-cyclists-ablaze/966501/index.html

Yeah, saw that earlier on one of the news sites I peruse. The idiocy displayed by people never ceases to amaze me. My oldest daughter emigrated to Oz a little over a year ago, and lives about 85 km out of Canberra to the northwest. She loves it there.

yes -- that saddens everyone

hope that they pull through - especially that one guy - sounds like he is torn up !

it happens so very fast --- as many of us know.

This will be of NO HELP for the MB cause -- sad...

I have been trying to promote safety on MBs - reasons such as this - to avoid.

Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Last edited:
Ironically its not the wazzocks who try and recreate that 'pearl harbour' P-40 chicken scene on MB's that are the problem... "for they are gormless and should be cashiered from the gene pool..". I mean if they are that stupid then they deserve everything they get. You'll probably find one of their deeply intellectual mates has put it up on YouTube anyways.

The problem is the go-gooders and fluffiwits who have suddenly decided that no one should do anything in case someone cuts their finger and there are tears before bedtime... for example, we have a 70mph speed limit (that no-one takes a blind bit of.. except the nerk in the middle lane in the fog who sits at 70mph while everyone else is doing 40mph because thats the speed limit) - because 1 person drove a AC Cobra up the M1 at 140-something and had an intimate meeting with a tree/roadsign/bridge support (delete as applicable)

It comes to something when a 'health and safety' inspection is mentioned on Star Trek!! although it does come as a pleasant change from Deanna 'did someone weld my face' Troi communing with the force.

My father showed me how to wire a plug when I was 10 years old... now its illegal for me to do it at work because I havent got a piece of paper to prove that I can do it.. I think its even illegal for me to do it in rented accomodation.. because its not my own home..

*sigh*

Jemma xx

Wazzocks. Good one.

The gene pool is shallow on both sides of the pond I see. Unfortunately the effect these events have is not good for those that see things a bit more clearly. I wish you the best of luck!

All the politicians have to do is get the taste in thier mouths just once, and next thing we know, here come the laws for registering and insuring our MB's

I really think that riders here at MBc are a couple steps above riders that don't know about this forum. Here, we all learn from each other's mistakes... quite probably preventing a ton of mishaps if we didn't have each other.

The bit that worries me, is not the story on AOL, it was MSNNBC where they said police forensics have seized that and analysing the bikes.

Really these 2 should have really just done a better job and got the **** out of the genepool.

They would have been playing chicken. Probably drunk. Jousting with broom poles. Something ammusing but from our perspective down right stupid.

There are 2 sorts of MB builder, ones that we see here, responsible people seeking alternative transport, and the others that just want to have a cheap motorbike. We all see them, the sorts that ride trailbikes on the streets, or pocketbikes.

Here in Oz you have to wear a helmet, and the bike must be road registered. There is a peanut down the road from here that mono's his trailbike, no helmet, up and down the road weaving between cars.

We all have accidents, but this one sounds like it was just stupidity. The aftereffect is what concerns me now. All it will take is for forensics to suggest that these things arent safe, and they will be banned.

I'm not too worried about it up here. The people who have motoredbikes here are pretty reasonable. And Alaska has no shortage of ways a person can crash spectacularly. Whether it be snowboarding or skiing off a cliff, walking into a bear or moose on the trail, hitting a snag on the lake when you're doing 90mph on a snow machine, or staying outside too long in the winter. I doubt that a death or three would cause enough of an uproar to get any regulation of adult use of motoredbikes unless there are Very many more of them. We are used to having the riff-raff culled.

Back