Clutch problem???

adumas

Local time
8:16 PM
Hi... I have a 2 month old 50cc dax motor - it had been running great until a couple of days ago. We noticed that from a cold start, we had to pedal about 30 yards to finally turn over the motor. A couple of days ago, a new problem arose - we pedaled and the motor didn't turn over at all. There was almost almost equal resistance with or without the clutch engaged.

I opened the clutch cover (see attached pic) and watched as I pedaled. The inner part of the large gear moves freely forward and back. The little gear occasionally engaged with the outer gear - but not much. If I disengage the clutch and move the bike back and forth by hand, I eventually get resistance - almost to the point of where the motor tries to turn over. Each time I disengage / engage the clutch, the same thing happens - no resistance and then resistance.

The resistance is still not enough to turn over the motor. I can pedal for 30 yards and it doesn't turn over.

It seems like it is something is slipping...

Any help? things for me to test?

Attachments

• ClutchProblem.jpg
    ClutchProblem.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 316
Hi... I have a 2 month old 50cc dax motor - it had been running great until a couple of days ago. We noticed that from a cold start, we had to pedal about 30 yards to finally turn over the motor. A couple of days ago, a new problem arose - we pedaled and the motor didn't turn over at all. There was almost almost equal resistance with or without the clutch engaged.

I opened the clutch cover (see attached pic) and watched as I pedaled. The inner part of the large gear moves freely forward and back. The little gear occasionally engaged with the outer gear - but not much. If I disengage the clutch and move the bike back and forth by hand, I eventually get resistance - almost to the point of where the motor tries to turn over. Each time I disengage / engage the clutch, the same thing happens - no resistance and then resistance.

The resistance is still not enough to turn over the motor. I can pedal for 30 yards and it doesn't turn over.

It seems like it is something is slipping...

Any help? things for me to test?

did you try adjusting the clutch?

BlueCollarBike

Hi... I solved the problem by sanding down the clutch pads - the disk was slipping... Now everything is working fine.

Back