Upgraded Carb

Clotho
Do u think it is worth the money for the increase in performance that u get from this carby?

Mark

Hard to say. It is more adjustable than the standard one. It takes up more space however. It doesn't seem to improve performance any but it may work better with engines that have been modified.

I solved the problem btw. I adjusted the needle to the leanest setting and then adjusted the mixture setting till it ran best. (all the way in) It seems to be at the leanest setting possible but my plug is telling me that the engine is still running rich. It does run much better however.

Thanks for the help everyone. :D

The issue of increased performance has been touched on many times in this forum over the years. The greatest increase in power on an HT is going to be had with a tuned expansion pipe. It's just not going to be had with a carburetor alone.

hey good news, i put this carb on and took some time to tune it and it makes a heck of a difference BUT only with the proper boost bottle i noticed no change with no bottle. the improvements include better low end torque higher top speed by at least 8 km/h and a way happier happy time
so tinker with tuning and enjoy the ride

Back