Segway compared to a MotoredBike

L

Large Filipino

Just found this. The Colorado Bicyclist Coalition is looking into comparing a Motoredbike to a Segway. It's rather old this site about 2 years or so but there it is. This would mean if more Segways get out there it would give us more rights to trails and such. This is promising indeed.

http://www.nfrbico.org/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=51&Itemid=2

Bicycles and Pedestrians Don't Have Motors

If you add a motor to a bicycle, it becomes a motorized bicycle and must follow laws for motorized bicycles. A motorized vehicle like a Segway cannot be a bicycle or pedestrian; it is more similar to a motorized bicycle.

Welcome to Share the Road

We welcome motor powered personal transportation devices to share the road with bicycles and other vehicles. Working together we can help build complete streets which are designed to safely move people, not just cars.

VOTE FOR SENATE BILL 168!!

(maybe this bill is too old... but it's promising. Segways haven't become that popular... yet.)

Well a segway does have two wheels, low power, and balances...

The inventor was basically quoted as having cops and mailmen be the first users to establish a fan base that would make them de facto legal.

HAHAHA... Segway... BWHAHAHA!
If I wanted to spend that much on an EV I would just get a nasty currie-type stand up scooter and mod it out.

segways are amazing. i just rode one last week. it belonged to kimbo slice.

I know one police officer who tickets Segway riders, every time he sees one. Says the segway is, legally, a low powered electric moped (two wheels, no provision for pedalling) and as such the rider must be wearing a helmet, cannot use it on sidewalks, etc. Not sure why he does it, but he "claims" it is to try and force someone to change the law to be more cognizant of modern developments in alternative transportation.

Florida law reads any bike with pedals that the operator can power the bike and has an electric assist motor is legal anywheres one can ride a bike. In Florida it is not considered a motor vehicle until one adds a gas motor, even then it is allowed on state roads as long as one has valid drivers license and speeds no more then 30mph. you all need to move to fl. lol

dead serious. it was my friends birthday and we had a hotel on ft lauderdale beach, he lives in the building next to the hotel we were at and we saw him zipping down the road on a segway, it was ****ing hillarious 240lb gorilla on a segway. He came back to our room and parited with us for a few hours. He is defenitely a party animal and one cool down to earth guy, a lot nicer than you'd expect.

DSC08110.jpg

He is defenitely a party animal and one cool down to earth guy, a lot nicer than you'd expect.
This is why I said he's my hero. Starting out watching his fights on YouTube, and then when I heard he was gonna start fighting on EliteXC I had to start recording that in addition to the numerous UFC programs they have on TV right now. And when I was looking up information about Kimbo & EliteXC on Mr. Google, I read an article saying he was a real stand up dude, takes good care of his large family, and is generally just a nice guy. Good stuff.

Back