Screaming Primary Gears, noise fix

E

Egor

OK Troops you are going to like this. I found a new trick for the scream that comes out of the primary gears. I was riding along and got tired of listening to the gear noise, and put my hand on the cover, wow all gone. I decided to try a new trick, I took a tube of Silicone rubber and coated the inside of the cover with the stuff. I kept it clear of the gears, putting more at the outer edge and thinning near the center where the disk lifts out when the clutch is pulled in. It was a miracle, it is so nice. I have no idea why the Chinese made that cover so flat, I know there is not much room but dead flat! Oh well you will like this one. Have fun, Dave

OK Troops you are going to like this. I found a new trick for the scream that comes out of the primary gears. I was riding along and got tired of listening to the gear noise, and put my hand on the cover, wow all gone. I decided to try a new trick, I took a tube of Silicone rubber and coated the inside of the cover with the stuff. I kept it clear of the gears, putting more at the outer edge and thinning near the center where the disk lifts out when the clutch is pulled in. It was a miracle, it is so nice. I have no idea why the Chinese made that cover so flat, I know there is not much room but dead flat! Oh well you will like this one. Have fun, Dave

picture.php

picture.php

Nice,,,

I got something that may be A little better and way cheaper that I have been doing for years.

When ever some one stops by to pick up a kit I tell them to save a small piece of card board from the box .Then take off the clutch cover .Trace the outside of the clutch cover with a pen on the card board and cut it out. Simply place the cutout piece and put it in the clutch cover and your all set.
It really cuts down on the DB noise level and no harm or damage can come from this simple and free mod.
Actually have the outline trace of the cover on the box from the factory's in the works( have my finger crossed).

Trust me it works.

Hope this helps

Blue-Collar Bob

Last edited:
I think this works as well and may be a bit easier. It is a piece of rubberized plastic. It was glued on with contact cement. Seems to work very well. I have also heard of others using an old rubber mouse pad but I think that will not hold up to the abuse.

Attachments

• IMG_0789.jpg
    IMG_0789.jpg
    688.1 KB · Views: 964
I love the cardboard - so ghetto it's gotta be cool!! Nice idea looks like it touches just a tad, but will soak up excess grease!

Attachments

• P1010107.jpg
    P1010107.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 864
I love the cardboard - so ghetto it's gotta be cool!! Nice idea looks like it touches just a tad, but will soak up excess grease!

I could paint it or put a sticker on it Then charge $10.
Then it wouldn't look so Ghetto..Lol.:D

No ..no grease soaked up..... this particular piece has been used for 3 years now.
Actually I took it out of an older bike for inspection ,It was close by on the bench so I just placed it in A newer one as there was nothing wrong with it.

Bob:)

Nice! I'm going to do both then I think, thick rubber glued on to clutch cover with a cardboard pad on the the inside. From a distance the mechanical whine is the loudest thing on these engines.

Back