Spokeless wheels, 26inch ALLOY "TUFFS"

How narrow? MTB tires usually come in sizes from 1.5" to 3" What size tire do these rims require?

Looks like maximum of 1.5" width. I tried them with my 2.1" tires and they were just too wide to get the tube to seat properly in the wheel (the valve stem wanted to suck down into the valve stem hole when inflated).

26" Road tires wont work, as I tried a set of those and they are just too large of diameter. Needs to be 26" MTB tires.

I'll have to look around some and see if I can come up with some narrower tires before I can use the wheels. I have them set up and ready to go though, just had to swap my cartridge back onto my other wheel so I could get my bike back on the road for now.

Hmm... he claims that they are usable with up to 2.125" tires. Even has pics of mounted 2.1" tires on the ebay auction. I wonder if there might be some trick to it? I had hoped to give these a try but I am rather fond of the 2" and larger tires. What if I was planning on using the no-more flat solid foam rubber tubes? Do you suppose those would work?

iam thinking that these should run tubeless also if u get the right valves i was reading something about it online

Looks like maximum of 1.5" width. I tried them with my 2.1" tires and they were just too wide to get the tube to seat properly in the wheel (the valve stem wanted to suck down into the valve stem hole when inflated).

26" Road tires wont work, as I tried a set of those and they are just too large of diameter. Needs to be 26" MTB tires.

I'll have to look around some and see if I can come up with some narrower tires before I can use the wheels. I have them set up and ready to go though, just had to swap my cartridge back onto my other wheel so I could get my bike back on the road for now.

iam not sure but did u think about a smaller tube like that might work

They wouldnt work tubeless from what I can tell. On mine, there is a seam where the rim has been formed and then welded together. Mine isnt a complete weld and there is no way it could hold air.

datz

hmm i just looked really close at mine for that i didnt see anything its very smooth with no marks what about the smaller tubes then for 3 bucks u could try that did u try emailing the dude in china ? he got back to me as u can see his ideals about the issues at hand

I just asked him an ebay question regarding the chain line. see his response...

Q: Hello, When bolting the sprocket to the disc hub, how does this affect the chain line on the pictured HT engine? Is it straight down the length of the bike or does it slant outwards from the engine to the sprocket? Jun-05-08
A: That depends on how You line up Your sprockets. adjust with spacers.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but when you mount a sprocket on the disc mount, the chain isnt straight. Using spacers at the wheel sprocket end wont fix it, only make it worse. And you cant use spacers on the engine sprocket end. Are both those fair assumptions?

This being the case, he really is giving misleading information,and overcharging for these wheels. For me to buy from him, it will end up costing me $270 AUD ($260 USD) inc shipping. The other seller would be charging me approximately $150 AUD (80 gbp) shipped. Needless to say, a sprocket doesnt account for the difference, and given he hasnt made any real changes to the wheel to resolve the chain line issues, then I dont see the extra value there...

Just my 2c.....

Back