Texas Titan

When I saw the FedEx truck pull up to my warehouse this morning at 9am I ran out to the parking lot yelling it's here it's here! It was the longest day ever, luckily I had to work my tail off so I didn't have to think about waiting till I got home.
The Texas Titan is the fastest, coolest, smoothest ride ever. I hope mine will be too.
I would have more installed tonight but I have stuff like feeding, bathing and tucking in the kids.
Anyhow, it's going on a bike from walmart with 24 inch wheels and suspension all the way around.
Why 24 you ask. I have some friends who just barely can't ride on 26's and the only thing better than riding a motorbike is riding motorbikes with someone else.
The kit looks simple enough, not too many parts. I'm guessing Duane made most pieces by hand, like welding the sprockets to the jacksaft and PTO.

More to come. Someone else is getting their Titan soon too.:D

Attachments

• Texas Titan.jpg
    Texas Titan.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 509
  • Titan Kit.JPG
    Titan Kit.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 478
  • jack.JPG
    jack.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 443
  • new bike.JPG
    new bike.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 620
  • Clutch.JPG
    Clutch.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 444
I sent my addy too,Duane for that torque strap. Thanks for offering it to me via e-mail! If you can't find those springs I still want to stop by again eventually when my host home guy is not with me and I can ride up and save over 10 bucks in gas no kidding. But if you do find it and ship with that strap,your video's are pretty informative and looks like an easy install.
My kit doesn't even need all this but if you say it's an improvement then I'm with you!
Sorry people about my excitement but this is why Duane's my go to man.
YOU ROCK!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate all the nice comments. I do miss the white wire feature for tail lights. I don't ride after dark around here, it's just not safe even if I were light up like the 4th of July.
Fetor you are right. Duane had me drill 2 holes up fornt so I could move the plate back, and drill 2 holes in the rear for the jack shaft. I had to use my drill press at work with the plate bolted down, that stainless is a tough drill. I ran my bit through my Drill Dr. to resharpen after each hole.
The one problem I encountered was that the chain from the PTO to Jackshaft was one link too short so I had to add one more link. I lowered the plate all together and was able to remove another link in the main drive chain.
Before i did the chain mods I had over tightened all the chains and in just one trip around the block I melted the pillow bearings.:( The pillow on the right side squished ou the top since the PTO was pulling up and the left was squished on the bottom since i had the drive chain pulling down. Duane was nice enough to send me new ones.:cool: THANKS

When you install take your time no matter how excited you get. Get a nice ruler so you make sure you've space everything equal and keep it all level. Keep an eye on the pillows for the first sign of squishing.

The "NEXT" bike seems to hold up well. I was able to get up to 30 MPH yesterday with minimal vibration. Remember this is a bike with 24 inch wheels and is really too small for me, and i wish the pedals were more forward. Eventually i'll get a bigger bike. God thing abouot the titan is that I can pull the motor off and sell the bike without having had drilled holes in the frame or scratched it up too bad.

My grandmother sent me a VERY nice birthday check and my 8 year old looked me in the eyes and said "Daddy! NO more bikes!":LOL: So I bought a nintendo Wii. Funny thing, my kids understand when i talk about engine CCs because Mario carts has choices of 50cc, 100cc and 150cc.

Attachments

• Titan 187.JPG
    Titan 187.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 175
  • Titan 188.JPG
    Titan 188.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 184
  • Titan 193.JPG
    Titan 193.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Titan 198.JPG
    Titan 198.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Toasted.JPG
    Toasted.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 223
Thanks for the explanation Scott,i'll keep a check on that bearing & anything else deemed important.Always better to know this stuff BEFORE i start effing around. :)
I also havn't forgotten this thread & WILL be following it up,but since it's not a huge priority(cos already have Sturmey Archer Dyno) it's going to be in my own random time....if anyone cares to beat me to it their more than welcome. :cool:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10155

Back