need rear wheel rim

I'm confused about these posts. jroyce posts in the "Whizzer & Antique MotoredBikes"forum & says he has a 99 that needs a rim. I figured in this forum he probably has a 99 Whizzer. Big Red says "And I wasn't kidding about a good sprocket mount. It will save you a LOT of problems in the future. I used the rag joint for years. After my first solid sprocket mount I felt stupid for ever using that rag joint at all." I read that & thought "but that the guy has a belt drive." Quenton mentions that & Big Red says "And yeah Quenton, Of course Whizzers don't use rag joints. No one said they did."

Wheels

Yeah JB, you're probably right:unsure:. I saw 1999 and just thought, A 1999 what? I'm not a whizzer guy so 1999 didn't mean anything to me except the year:rolleyes:. I guess I should read up on the Whizzer:whistle:. Thanks for not calling me stupid, I really appreciate it:giggle:.
Big Red.

thanks for all the great info. You guys always come thru and I appreciate it. I failed to mention this wheel is form a WC1 Whizzer, 1999. After reading all the response I'm gonna go for a new wheel. My Whizzer was supposed to be a bargain build as I bought it off craigslist for $200. If I had looked closer I probably would not have bought it. Got the engine running good but the rest of the bike is a disaster. Looks like it sat outside for a long while as the spokes, fenders, braces and so on are rusted pretty good. No lights except headlight, and all the wiring has been cut off except just enough to make it run. Ok, so you have convinced me to go for a new rear wheel but if one more thing breaks on this thing .........
Thanks again for the help
Jim

Wheel

thanks for all the great info. You guys always come thru and I appreciate it. I failed to mention this wheel is form a WC1 Whizzer, 1999. After reading all the response I'm gonna go for a new wheel. My Whizzer was supposed to be a bargain build as I bought it off craigslist for $200. If I had looked closer I probably would not have bought it. Got the engine running good but the rest of the bike is a disaster. Looks like it sat outside for a long while as the spokes, fenders, braces and so on are rusted pretty good. No lights except headlight, and all the wiring has been cut off except just enough to make it run. Ok, so you have convinced me to go for a new rear wheel but if one more thing breaks on this thing .........
Thanks again for the help
Jim

"but if one more thing breaks on this thing ........."

Hey JR, If ya love MB's like most of us do, You'll just "fix it again". You know you will.:giggle:

You have a Whizzer so one more thing breaking is a given. I sold mine do to money problems but I fixed many things until I had all the problems fixed. I upgrade the wheels to Worksman wheels with drum brakes front and rear. The engine has all the upgrades to make it a bullets proof NE5. Mushroom lifters, hi-lift cam, very special head, (only know of three of these made), ported cylinder, advanced ignition timing, LED's for the brake light and rear turn signals. This made the battery last much longer. Hated to sell it but.....
Back to the original statement, You will be fixing things for a while but when you get it right it will be more fun than you should be able to have with your clothes on.

Jim

I have several [many] new edition Whizzers, and most have well over 6000 trouble free miles each. Just recently I removed the head from my 1999 to see what it looked like after 7000 miles of severe punishment. It is important to mention it is the same motor that exceeded 68 MPH at Portland, IN in 2005. This motor was assembled in early 2005 using NE cylinder, head, camshaft and mushroom lifters and is the motor I use in my daily rider.

When I recently removed the head, I was shocked to see very little carbon buildup. I cleaned the head and re-installed. Couldn't notice any difference after cleaning the head.

Point is, once the "bugs" are worked out, they become well worth the effort.

My 1999 has the rear wheel replaced with a vintage "New Departure" coaster brake, however the front wheel is the stock version with a 2.125" rim installed.

Changing the rims from 1.75" to 2.125" will yeild amazing results in ride, and safety.

Hope this helps wth your quest, and considering your purchase price of the Whizzer, I would say you are well ahead of the game. I have turned down offers as high as $4500. for my well used 1999 Whizzer.

Have fun,

well yes I couldn't give up on the Whizzer. So I ordered a new rear wheel.I almost gave up but you guys kept me going. Somebody said yer gonna fix fix it, you know you will. I stared at it for a couple of days then found a wheel on Amazon. I'll check it out and if it looks ok use it - if not I'll look for another.

Hi jroyse,

Welcome to "Whizzer World", once you are hooked it is too late! I only started with one and now own more than 20. The vintage Whizzer slogan "Ride one, you'll buy one", still holds true today.

If you need any help, just ask.

Have fun,

Rear Wheel

well yes I couldn't give up on the Whizzer. So I ordered a new rear wheel.I almost gave up but you guys kept me going. Somebody said yer gonna fix fix it, you know you will. I stared at it for a couple of days then found a wheel on Amazon. I'll check it out and if it looks ok use it - if not I'll look for another.
I knew you would.
Big Red.

Its Here!! My new rear wheel arrived Wednesday. Got it thru Amazon. Says Weinmann on the rim, can't find any name on the coaster brake. 12 gauge spokes and it it looks pretty heavy duty. I guess I'll run it and find out. I'll have to tinker with the clutch and pulley adjustment cuz I can't get the belts to slip enough at idle. Drags down the engine and stalls it. Got the idle speed up pretty high right now, don't want it any higher.
While I'm rambling on anybody know of a fender mounted, led, tail light for cheap?

Back