Flexible Fuel Line??

I'll post a picture asap, the one in my album is with my old carb and at a bad angle, but might give you an idea of what I'm dealing with. I am not worried about the carb being starved, I am worried about my fuel line being too close to my cylinder head. This is a VERY tightly packed mountain bike frame and the fuel tank's outlet points almost straight at the cylinder head.
Is there any plain barb for the fuel tank with no on/off valve for sale?

Bad Pic:
https://motoredbikes.com/media/fuel...ose-to-the-cylinder-head-for-my-liking.44337/

Last edited:
I would but the giant's frame runs the rear brake and derailor cables under the top tube...

Will update with better photos when I get home...

Home now!

Here's a pic that might show what I'm talking about better:
picture.php

Last edited:
Any ideas?
I am thinking about getting some large fuel line to run from the tank to the on/off valve with hose clamps. Then using the smaller fuel line to connect to the filter and then the carb.

I thought you were talking about the valve on the carb, not the petcock. That's what that valve is called, a petcock. If you ever need to remove your carb for any reason, you really need a way to shut the fuel off at the tank unless you want to flip the bike over and empty it every time. I'd search for a 90deg petcock.

That sounds perfect but I can't find any with the M10 1.0 threads that the tank has...
That is the correct bolt pattern for the standard fuel tank right?

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, do you have any ideas where I can find one?
Many thanks

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
what?? you mean its not 1/8 npt?
i had assumed it would be pipe thread.
i was going to suggest a 45 degree npt street elbow.
thats out.
unless you have a tap and die set.SAE and Metric.

I have access to tap and dye sets, and still those links I provided are the best that I can find. Do you think that the first or last link has a better chance of fitting?

Back