October Alabama meet in the Free State of Winston

bamabikeguy

Local time
5:55 AM
It took like forever to get some Alabama folks on board, and now we have enough to get a rally started.

Jack, with the Whizzer below (he has 2) bought a GEBE setup last year and dropped 35 pounds, and is about to put the Whizzer up for "collectors purposes". He has a fleet of bikes, and a fleet of vegetable oil vehicles. When I got out there last week and tried the Whizzer, I mentioned Lynn's sidecar in Decatur and a possible rally.

Then Tom Bartlett starts posting what looks like is going to be another "collection"... I called the owner of the Indian Paint ZipCycle this morning with Tom's info, and he is UP for a rally too.

Let's think October, kind of stay ToBeAnnounced on the date, till Lynn's firefighter/soccer calender gets concreted.

Anybody got a seining net? We'll clean out a brother-in-law's pond and have a fish fry !!!

Seriously, leaves changing, Bankhead Forest and Natural Bridge....

By then my two Workman/Staton trikes should be completed and invited, I'll bring a couple of GEBE/Suns, and we have enough time to contact others, including the Daily Mountain Eagle and that Winston County paper...

Whatcha think? Only thing in the way is Addison football I think, Holly Pond ain't got a team !

Attachments

• 2007_0805whizzerpix0002.JPG
    2007_0805whizzerpix0002.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 461
  • 2004_0101trike0003.JPG
    2004_0101trike0003.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 463
Pic one is a Map, and if we can get some Amigos to do the "slow" bar-b-queing, I'll donate some Pic two cabritos for Supper !

Attachments

• doublesprings.jpg
    doublesprings.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 366
  • 2007_0317weanpasture0004.JPG
    2007_0317weanpasture0004.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 373
Here's a quickie heads up...

Eva AL has FrontierDays this Saturday- Sept 29. Parade is at 11, we plan to congregate at 10.

Jack came by, he's maybe bringing both his Whizzers and his pocketrocket/supersprocket chain drive, which he claims will outrun a Whizzer.

And I called two guys in Baileyton, who have looked at the forum and have Happy Time setups. Maybe some of the GEBE's I've sold in that neck of the woods will show up too.

We can try out each others rides, compare notes, get further ideas.

I'm either bringing Greygeezer or Rocinante, according to how the day looks, and if I bring Greygeezer, I'll probably tackle one of those two huge hills (GumPond or Florette Rd), see how the T-33 handles it with trail gear. Either one is steep as any I've come across.

A few of us met last year for Eva Frontier days, this year we are going to try and triple our participation. Jack has 4 different types of bikes that are rideable, so he's gathering up relatives to show off his stretch cruiser that hits 52+ mph, 2 Whizzers, electric scooters....I went by his place yesterday and there are 30 bike frames in various states of development.

By September he may have his Happy Time transmission ready to show off.

While the antique tractors line up on the far end of town, we just buzz up and down the road having our own free-wheeling parades.

Week-long Event Offers Old Fashioned Fun, Games and Crafts

Decatur, Ala. – Always the last full week of September, Eva Frontier Days offers old-fashioned fun for the entire family. Kicking off the 21st annual event will be a Bluegrass Jam in the gymnasium of Eva School on September 19. The highlights of the festival are the frog jumping contest, pig calling contest, and greased pig chase.

All musicians are invited to bring their own instruments and join in on the Bluegrass Jam. Following the Bluegrass Jam is a hayride on Tuesday evening, September 22 and on Thursday evening, September 24 is good, wholesome community singing. The festival concludes the following Saturday, September 26, with the Antique Tractor and Car Show and a fun run. The day wraps up with the always popular greased pig chase.

Other activities include a frog jumping contest, pig calling contest, live entertainment, a parade, quilt show, old timer’s crafts, games and more. A BBQ pork cook-off, a baking contest, a cross-cut saw contest and a quilt square contest all offering prize money are also part of Saturday’s lineup. All events are free except for the Bluegrass Jam where the admission is $5 at the door. Proceeds from the Jam benefit the Eva Art Guild.

For more information on Eva Frontier Days, call Barbara Frost at 256.796.7023.

Back