Strike 3 Your Out or Homerun????????????

If my guess is correct, you are going to have to keep the motor from spinning, and then spin the pump impellor off of the shaft of the motor.

Thanks,

I should have updated this post. That was what was needed. I took the recoil starter puller off and put a rachet on the nut and wedged a screwdriver in the impeller and it unscrewed.

I love this engine. I has balls and lots of power. It eats my Honda GX31. The only thing I don't like about it is that I have to mix the gas. The trade off is worth it though.

I also incorporated an engine mounting plate that has a gearbox support brace mounted to it, so hopefully this engine will not have happen to it what the previous engine had done to it.

Here are some updated picts of my ride. Check attachments for picts. The drive pulley/wheel is now on the right/front side though, and it makes a world of difference, and I no longer have the chain falling off the chainring problem.

I believe this combo best suits my needs and makes the best of both worlds. I can ride it up here in the N.C. mountains during the summer and eat some hills/mountains WITHOUT PEDALING, and then in the winter bring it with me to Florida and pound some flat pavement.

I love it, I'm at Mc Donalds right now eating breakfast. I rode it here this morning.

Thanks,

p.s. I'm loving the MB, not McD's as the add would say.

Attachments

• DSC03821.jpg
    DSC03821.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 363
  • DSC03823.jpg
    DSC03823.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 372
  • DSC03822.jpg
    DSC03822.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 367
40.1 is pretty good. I paid 40.00 for the whole waterpump with engine. Not sure how fast or what its top speed is. I live on top of a mountain, and I coasted down to the river this morning, where the only flat piece of land is in town and stretched her legs on the way to Mc. Donalds this morning. She hit 35mph and she was not floored nor in the highest gear. I only weigh 150lbs though. I then climbed the highest hill/mountain in town to get back up. I climbed it without pedaling at all and the bike accelerated when I increased throttle when I was climbing. I wasn't even in the lowest gear. I still have got to adjust my derailleur to allow me to get into the lowest gear.

For those that have shift kits...........................................

Getting a 7 or 8 speed gripshift and mounting it on the left side is awesome. I had a rapid fire shifter on the right I just ditched. It was a pain in the *** switching gears and throttling on the right at the same time.

I love this thing.

This MB is no longer in motorized condition. It experienced Gearbox failure. The gearbox is toast.

Sorry to hear about your gearbox failure, Bonefish.

:unsure:Have you thought about using the generic pocketbike 5:1 tranny? It costs $20-something and bolts right onto 76mm clutched engines. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

I have it on my 2.8hp Tanaka 47R engine/shift kit. There was no wear when I drained the oil after a few hundred miles. Then I filled the tranny with general-purpose grease to see how that'd work.

Last edited by a moderator:
whats the top speed?, i have the same motor on a bmp kit with 1.25 roller and mine will do 40.1 mph

Hi masters1234,
I have a BMP kit w/ 1.25 roller and monster scooter engine( 49cc?)
I checked my speed today with my gps I only got 31.4 on the flats.
I weigh 220 so that probably has some thing to do with it, so what did you do to get 40.1 on flats. How did you check your speed?
Heres a pick of mine.
Aero07

Attachments

• 0819101117b.jpg
    0819101117b.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 259
I like the china 66/80's I havnt had one stop running. I have 3 motors and alternate themevery 2-300 miles and take um apart to rebuild regardless of there comdition but its fun for me if spokes are an issue get mag wheels?

I'm back in Florida for the winter riding around on my non-motorized Gary Fisher MTB. I left the un-motorized Cannondale back in the N.C. mountains. Brought the two HF 52cc waterpump engines and the SBP Freewheel crank system back to Florida with me from North Carolina. Had several packages of motorized bicycle items waiting in Florida for me when i got back..............

Not sure what I'm going to do yet......................

Anyhow for those that are contemplating or have just gotten a friction drive.......

Has anyone gotten a thatsdax.com new friction drive?

It looks like BMP's with holes drilled on both sides for a front and back mount. It also comes with a throttle and cable assembly, and is only $98.00 Shipped Free to your door?

What are you thoughts of Thatsdax.com?

Do you think he is a lowballer, who skates under the competition?, or do you think he increases value, goes the extra mile, and can undersell his competitors thus passing the savings on to the consumer?

Back