Clutch cable better mounting yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Large -------- looks simple and should be long lasting

a touch of grease right in that channel -- will help much with your cable life

keep it up -- many of us are enjoying your ideas..

seems that you are one of those -- inventor at heart types !

makes it great when we wish to --
ride that thing --------------------------------------- Mountainman

Finally doin' it

I'm in the middle of my 1st gasser build. After riding electric and wanting gas for nearly a year. I've pre-installed it.

This mod is elegantly simple and cheap to build. Yet, I've talked to some experienced MBer's and they had not heard of it.

Attachments

• LF's clutch pull.jpg
    LF's clutch pull.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 865
Excellent mod!!

I've been carrying a pair of those rollers around in my junk for about a two decades since I used a bunch of those pulleys to fix the cable system in a tent trailer. I just dug around and found them! (my finding them was almost as amazing as this mod BTW) I am now ready to fab up a bracket when my kit arrives on Tuesday. Some one should create a sticky for this and any other "must do" mods.

Slight change

I did your basic pulley design but changed the angle some. It's a bit more compact.

Attachments

• blk_stln3.jpg
    blk_stln3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 757
After reading and seeing your pictures I really liked the roller idea. Although being new to these bikes, I didn't like the set up on the first build. Now on my second. I incorporated your roller idea last night. 2 rollers for $5.00, scrap and time and this is the outcome. No sheath as of yet as I'm in the building process as you can see.

Attachments

• P9170161.jpg
    P9170161.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 786
sweet just what i was looking for. my og mount has stripped out. going to cap it and try this.

sweet mod thanks!! super easy to pull the clutch in. a little girl can pull my clutch in now!!! like butter!!!!! love it!!!!!!

Last edited:
hey Large good to see your budget mod out there your an inspiration to us poor folk

hello again large could you kindly tell me what that yellow thing is under your seat is? ty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back