Clutch

D

davidsis

Where can I get a replacement clutch how much does one cost, and how do I replace it? My back wheel will slip a when starting it not skid, but turn and not turn the engine over, and when I adjust so it doesn't do it if I pick up the back of the bike the wheel will begin to turn on its own, or is this normal? Would have went to a thread, but no find.

WOAH! That's a good question. I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread.
If I'm not mistaken,I read here those little square things just pop on and off. You would think someone has a replacement...I wonder if one could just reuse these squares..you know..replace the square clutch material.

Not having stripped an engine apart yet, I assume at this point the square clutch things are more than likely to be the same material as brake-shoe linings ( asbestos compound).
If that is the case, then most automotive brake re-lining services might be able to re-line the clutch plate. I think brake linings come in sheets at wholesale level before they are cut up into brake shoes.
I am only assuming and stand to be corrected if no MB clutch replacment disks/kits are available.

I believe mike simpson (motorbikemike), said he sells them
I remember spunout looking for them...I think it was last summer

You can get can get just the pads or the whole clutch plate with pads on it from Dennis Foster.But i don't think it is your clutch that is bad.I think its your adjustment.

In the event that you clutch fiction plate pads are worn out, I found a site that offers replacement pads.
I am not sure that they will fit all HT clutches but you could contact them to ask, hopefully they will respond to your request for information as I have not dealt with them myself. Maybe some else here as and has had a good experience with them. I have attached the parts .pdf from their site.

Attachments

• parts.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 862
hey davidsis, Kings motor bike has the clutch disk w/pads,the cost is
$18.00 + 7.00 for shipping,I order one last year.

dragbike

Back