Engine Trouble Engine wont start? TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

You are an active member.
Re read my previous post.
Your set up has 2 fuel valves. One on the fuel tank (silver metal) and one on the carburetor (white plastic) .They both need to be turned to the on position to get fuel into the carburetor.
The actual choke on your carburetor is the small metal lever that is attached to the back of the air cleaner assembly. Up is choke on, down is choke off.

Turn both fuel valves to the on position, turn the choke to half position, and try to start it. They can be difficult to start untill the engine is broken in.
Do NOT use 24:1 fuel to oil ratio on a brand new engine. Use 16:1 or 20:1.
BTW, if all you did was turn the rear wheel around, the wheel will drive the engine and start it, but because of the freewheel, the engine will not drive the wheel and power you down the road.

http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Thank u. I will update how it goes. And i will try to upload my own thread if i can. Thanks

I'll be watching this thread. Thanks for the resistance checks. I have a no spark situation: (

Like I said, I had a no spark issue.

I replaced the plug. No joy.

I replaced the CDI. No Joy.

I unplugged the kill switch. No Joy.

I replaced the magneto completely. Joy Joy Joy!

Mine had oil on it, i am sure I just have a spare CDI (and magneto) now but I put the plastic on the inside like Ron recommend ands and were good!

(Thanks for the cable pulley thingy also Ron! It works like a dream!)

I got to rewire everything so it's much cleaner now!

Runs strong strong strong! Good luck all of you!

Foon

Congratulations on your repair!
Ride safe!

Be sure to address the oil leak soon. The magnetos do not like to get oily.

I having some trouble, ive been reading a bit but I'm not familiar with some of the terminology or what certain parts are suppose to look like. A friend of mine had built my bike I was there 2 out of the 3 times he worked on it (he loves building bikes and decided to work ahead.) I've been riding since mid May, had a few minor problems that would take a few days to repair with some reading but this time I'm stumped.
I went for a long ride and felt my clutch tightening up so i went home and fixed the flower nut..the next day I tried starting it and it wouldnt. so i went around the block pedaling and tried again this time the engine started for a split second then died.
pretty much when i'm up to speed i engage the clutch and work the throttle but nothing, the engine wont start..the bikes just free flying and begins to slow down.
I've checked the plug / got a new one.
emptied out the carb..gas is flowing.
the clutch and throttle cable are intact.

I dont know much about CDIs or mags or any of the electrical components.
any help would be much appreciated.

If the clutch is not slipping, test for spark.
1. Remove the spark plug.
2. Plug spark plug back into spark plug wire.
3. Set spark plug sideways on top of cylinder head insuring that the metal portion of spark plug is contacting metal on the head. If your head is painted, be sure that spark plug is making contact with a cylinder head nut. Tape the spark plug in place if necessary.
4. Ride around as though you were trying to start the engine. You should be able to hear the spark jump across the spark plug electrodes with a snapping sound as well as see a blue electrical arc.

i checked for the spark.
it sounded like it wanted to turn on.
like the engine was turning on..but it was very lightly.
i didnt see any blue spark. maybe because of the sun??:confused: LOL

Back