Engine Trouble Engine wont start? TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

just a quick question im new here my motor wont start if i have the kill switch connected i was wondering if i was to put in a switch on the blue wire would it work
how would it go if i extended the blue wire up to my handle bars would it still run because the black wire would be heaps shorter if i extended the blue one

please help.....

hi everybody my name is matt and i realy like this site and mature men and women on here for constructive feedback...i put together a 2 stroke 80cc bike and got it running after a couple days and had it running until last night it sounded as if my chain came off and as i looked down it was on .....the bike wont start bc it spins and the chain will rotate but the bike acts and sounds as if engaged...i took kill switch off and also looked for any loose wires but all the wires r ok....help please and have a blessed and productive day...

Bike Won't run.

okay SO I brought i bike today. and it ran fine when i tested it. on the way home i had to ride it manually... it has spark and compression, it sounds like it wants to go but it just wont fire or it will just stall immediately.

okay SO I brought i bike today. and it ran fine when i tested it. on the way home i had to ride it manually... it has spark and compression, it sounds like it wants to go but it just wont fire or it will just stall immediately.

okay mate i have been building thes for a whle and from the top of my head i can honestly say could be a weak spark due to magneto being loose or poorly wired... check the magneto..if that isnt it...maybe check the choke isnt on first..lol.....dergh!!....excuse me ..lol...
but n the positive side sounds like an easy fix only thing is with these motors..sometimes u can oull ur head out for ages thinking whats the issue..i know i have ..lol

okay mate i have been building thes for a whle and from the top of my head i can honestly say could be a weak spark due to magneto being loose or poorly wired... check the magneto..if that isnt it...maybe check the choke isnt on first..lol.....dergh!!....excuse me ..lol...
but n the positive side sounds like an easy fix only thing is with these motors..sometimes u can oull ur head out for ages thinking whats the issue..i know i have ..lol

update: check this part of the magneto

attachment.php

I have checked all the electronics.. The internal electronics doesn't indicate any possible faults. However I noticed the black cable had come loose. I reconnected it. And it started and ran for a short period of time, now it won't start at all and I have lost the spark. I am also inclined to thinking that there might be. Fuel problem.

a fuel problem will not cause no spark - recheck wiring & check spark plug cap to see if it is broken inside

have you considered asking whomever you bought it from?

hey all. so iv read through this thread and there is a tonne of good stuff. my (48cc) engine wont run right now. bought it used for 60$ . the intake from the carb that came with the motor is smaller than the intake on the head on the motor so i have my friends carb and intake for a 66cc engine on it right now. the bike ran with this cab for about ten minutes... maybe five, it was the first time i had it running and driving so its hard to tell. i noticed at full throttle that she wanted to bog . im not familliar with two strokes but my friend said his does the same. after that time i have tried to start it on three seperate occasions, peddling as fast as i can and popping the clutch , she reallly wants to start even going as far as running enough to take the strain off of peddling for a few seconds until she dies out and its back to hard peddling. spark plug is good, have nice blue spark, has gas, i read that the color of the plug should be tan not black or wite. mine is black so i guess that means iv flooded it. just looking for opinions on whats up. im tinking of moving the set point on the needle as im assuming it is set to run my friends 66cc. thanks

Back