Want to build first motoredbike

S

Streetvision

Hey everyone, i made a welcome thread a while ago and have been busy so my idea to make a motored bike has been put on the shelf, but yesterday i saw a guy riding one and it has re sparked my interest, i found a Malvern Star Tyrant in the shed it's a 26" bike, it's in pretty good condition, i was thinking of using that but i have a couple of questions.

Getting the motor installed isn't a problem as my dad is a mechanic and said he will help me, i have a question about brakes would i need to upgrade the breaks to disc brakes at the front or would the standard brakes be fine, or is their a better type of V-brakes?

also it says 35kmph, but i would think that would be a typo and it could go 35mph. getting the motor from Zbox.com.au

If the bike has V-brakes, I'd think that would be good enough. The advertised speed should be disregarded. Vendors are caught between wanting to tell you that you can go 100mph (effectively lying to sell engines), and telling you that they can only do 20mph (lying because of regulatory concerns). Niether is the truth.
You don't specify what engine you're talking about, so I can't give you a semi-educated guess what a realistic figure is.

I would think that an "honest" 50cc engine should give you a top speed of 25 - 30 mph On flat ground, no wind.

Back