Pedal Sprocket For Grubee HD axle

Mike S

Local time
5:30 PM
I purchased the Grubee HD axle and drumbrake and brought it to a bike shop to install on my wheel. They informed me the rear smaller sprocket for the pedals needs to be a free wheel type and the threads have to fit the Grubee
HD hub. The sprocket does not come with the kit. Does anyone know where I can purchase this special sprocket? This is a single speed bike, nothing fancy. Mike S

i take it your bike is a single speed and dont have gears, freewheels can be purchased from any bicycle shop.

Yes I have a single speed bike. No, the bike says their freewheel sprockets have a different thread and I need a special one. They advised me to get it from a moped dealer.

Yes I have a single speed bike. No, the bike says their freewheel sprockets have a different thread and I need a special one. They advised me to get it from a moped dealer.

Any BMX single speed freewheel will fit that hub. If you have the GRUBEE hub that is threaded on both sides the pedal or right side of the hub is the one with the least/single set of threads. The other is for the motordriven sproket and its freewheel and the drum portion of the band/drum brake.

ocscully

I purchased the Grubee HD axle and drumbrake and brought it to a bike shop to install on my wheel. They informed me the rear smaller sprocket for the pedals needs to be a free wheel type and the threads have to fit the Grubee
HD hub. The sprocket does not come with the kit. Does anyone know where I can purchase this special sprocket? This is a single speed bike, nothing fancy. Mike S

Mike S - Where did you purchase the "Grubee HD axle and Drumbrake"? I'm specifically looking for the HD Axle MODEL-1.

Thanks ahead of time for the reply!!!

I purchased one of these things from bicycle-engines.com
I went to three different bike shops today and they can't find a freewheel that fits this hub. Has anyone located the special-threaded freewheel for these things?

Why can't the suppliers of the HD axle & drumbrake also supply a correct single speed freewheel pedal sprocket to go with it? I'll tell you why - they don't give a toss about practical solutions and they get a diverse pleasure from creating really big problems for people who buy their poorly conceived products!

:geek: Or maybe were not a bike shop and that's why don't we carry spokes or the bands?? there's many sizes, colors, brands etc.

:geek: Or maybe were not a bike shop and that's why don't we carry spokes or the bands?? there's many sizes, colors, brands etc.

That's why I said suppliers & not vendors. Should have said suppliers at source or manufacturers of the kits. I'm still right though about it being a disgrace not to supply the freewheel single sprocket if it is really a different thread to the 6, 7 & 8 speed freewheels clusters. The adapter for the 3 piece crank comes from France and costs Aus.$60. That's what I'm talking about - a general lack of grey matter in the upstairs department at manufacturing HQ!

Back