v twin engine

jimmyglitter

Local time
3:30 AM
Anybody know of a nice little v twin engine on the market for our motorized bicycles?

regards,
Jimmyglitter

I believe this is the vendor that gave alaskavan grief over his exhaust for the trike (he still hasn't got it !!!)
myself, I would be wary of him :eek:

Yes, thanks for the link but I am aware of the lifan engines. They are too big that one in particular is 95 pounds. We need something smaller.
Jimmyglitter

How about a siameese Happy Time? Mate two Happy Time jugs to a shared bottom end. It would give...4 horsepower! That would rule....but it may need a distributor?

Unfortunately there is no reason to build a small V twin. All the manufacturers, B&S, Kohler, and the like all start at about 16 HP, and they are pretty big, I have one. I am going to strip it down to the basic block and see how big it is. I was thinking that if I cut off the crank on the flywheel side, close and made a flywheel up on the drive side with an integral sprocket, I wonder how narrow I cold get it. I saw small home made V twin, it was done with two Honda S90's would work perfect but it looked like a lot of work. Have fun Dave
PS: Another Idea was to use a V twin Compressor block and build some heads!

It's not a V, but is a twin, a Maytag 72.

3/4 hp, but hop it up a little...it would make an awesome vintage look machine.

Attachments

• maytag72.gif
    maytag72.gif
    33.7 KB · Views: 4,020
Back