Clutch Cable Difficult to Pull

1968gtcs

Local time
4:31 AM
After much heartache and searching for the problem as to why my clutch cable was so difficult to pull, I finally found out that the cable cable couldn't have multiple points of inflection, especially around the handlebars and frame on its way to the clutch linkage. I cut it shorter and made it pretty much a straight shot from the clutch lever to the back of the motor where it goes into the retainer. Before this I tried lubricating the cable housing with graphite powder and it did nothing to help. I hope this helps someone out having the same problem. And sorry if this is a re-post of something, i tried my best to search for a solution and nothing was found on this site despite finding multiple posts on this subject. I've know how silly some of the uptight guys here get about duplicate posts.

Last edited:
Just look for a post by Large filipino and you will be a happy camper. You could find it by searching for "todays posts" under "quick Links". I think it may make your day!

geez...the difference one sentence can make, eh?

yaknow what's really silly? clicking "i agree" to follow rules, then not:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=101048&postcount=14

great start. try again...this time try not to take jabs at the guys who work so hard to make this place what it is...

Common sense and good manners are the name of the game at MotoredBikes.com, and you'll quickly learn you get exactly what you give around here.
and you just did...

you don't like it? then move on.

Yes,the wheels fell off there right at the last sentence....second time lucky maybe.

now THAT'S a terrible first impression :LOL:
let me come to your place and insult you now :LOL:
there are other places that you might like better if you don't like the structure here
the vast majority here understand and contribute to it
if you do stay....go intro yourself, and maybe apologize

Back