clutch cover leaking oil !!!

thank you louis
that seems to be the same prob as mine
the seal behind rotor has been seaping from day one, so it's suspected the factory installed bad seals or the guy who assembled it was having a bad day
engine has approx 900-1000 miles on it
I don't know if I can fix it, but I WILL learn from it

hey, if ya get to the seal, me and my dad coated some of the seals with black silicone that is in like a cheese whiz can, u push the straw, and the cheese comes out. we took some of the black silicone and coated the clutch and mag seals, and he said if i blow a seal to use that, but never to use on the head. mabey that will help, if you were willing to take apart the engine i never have myself. but give it 24 hrs to dry before riding. this might be useless info, but i was just thinking of the seals we did.

dax,
approx 900-1000 (just got a speedo) might be less, but not more
I pulled the clutch plate and a bunch of little rubber(?) bits where in the oil accumulated there (I guess that was the seal)
I have always used 5oz/gal (25:1), and never ran really hard
the good news is, even with the lubrication going to wrong place, my wrist-pin bearing and pin show no noticable wear ( I am going to make a post in the roller70 review with pics)
I would like to know if this is something I caused (so I won't do it again)

looks like the 2 seals are cheap ($1.09 each)
(thanks for the link Louis :))
so for 2$ plus shipping, I could fix this thing
if I could just figure out how to do it :(
I spent more time towing cars than I ever spent fixing them :)
any pointers or advice greatly appreciated
thank you for letting me vent :LOL:

It shouldn't be too hard. Remember to never force anything and have that digital camera by you to take as many pictures as you can during disassembly so when you assemble it back up you got them pics to show how it all goes back together.
I would worry about the torque on the bolts. Are there any specs to that? Nevertheless,remember snug but not overly snug.
If you come by any bolts that may pose a problem with how snug it needs to be when you install it,take a thin permanent marker and run it across the bolt before you take it out so when you install it back the line lines up. This also ensures the same bolt is going in the same hole if you use different colored markers for each identical bolt.
And clear your work table,clean it real good,and grab a chair.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the good thoughts, large :D(should I say LFL ?:LOL:)
it's been a very frustrating day dealing with this
I have been trying to keep myself busy on the forum, so I don't go 'postal' and beat it with a sledge
(no offence to any (sane)postal works that might be members :))

Last edited:
For the seal behind the crank, check this out. I am not using the seals that came with the engine, I suspect you can go to a bearing shop and give them the dimensions and get a new high quality one. If yours is not mangled I think the size is on the seal. Have fun Dave
www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8074

Back