My first motored bike.

it's possible (looks kinda small, wouldn't hold much fuel)
you would have to make a filler of some sort
then you would have to have an outlet (petcock)
probably need to seal it with a tank sealer (like KREEM) as well
it WOULD preserve the lines tho (and be really cool :D)

BTW. Dave Staton seems to think that the Robins-Suburu is a better engine than the Honda (apparently primarily since the Honda is now being made in Thailand.) He mentions that the Robins is "more compact" than the Honda, but, the listed measurements really don't support this. (it IS about 2cc smaller displacement, but, the Robins is slightly heaver, and almost exactly the same external measurements as the Honda.)

I do know that the Honda can be operated in any position without damage; it uses an oil misting system to ensure lubrication. I don't know if this is true of the Robins.

Last edited:
The Honda 35 is like the Subaru 35 and can be operated in any position.It surprises me that the Honda is made in Thailand,eventhough i know they have a MAMMOTH factory overthere.
Myself and a few friends have just bought 2 GXH50's and 1 Subaru EHO35 from Staton.I know it's not necessarily the same but the Hondas were made in Japan....guess times have changed for the 35's.

I read the same thing about the engine and was wondering the real differances between the two engines. I like Subaru cars so I was thinking going for that engine. Subaru engines seems just as reliable if not more so as a Honda engine.

Update

So I picked up this bike off craigslist for $40, it's a Huffy Broadmoor. I've never heard of it but it's a 6 speed with shocks on the front and brakes front and back.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii31/levihall420/STP80017.jpg
Do you think it will take a 4 stroke? Also would the Subaru fit the BE mounting kit? http://www.bicycle-engines.com/49cc-mounting-only-p-158.html

I'm thinking of just getting a HT and slapping it on, but I really want to get a 4 stroke, but now I'm afraid it won't fit this bike.

What do you think?

I'm no 4-stroke expert but i think your fears are justified...i don't think it will fit.You would probably have to make-up some specalized mounting plate and even then i still doubt it.Take the bike to wherever they sell Subarus and get a better idea or if u can while your there take an engine out to the bike and try it in the frame.You really need something like a Schwinn or a MTB with 21" frame.

Back