Front Engine mounts

Add one more mount to the back. Use back studs in front.Then go hardware store and get 4 inch studs for back. If you can't get the 4 inch studs they should have 6mm threaded rod to make the studs.

I second the recommendation to buy some stainless threaded rod. I think that I paid 4 bucks for a 3 foot length at a local fastener shop but they can be obtained mail order.

On my Kings "80", the cylinder studs and the mounting studs are the same dia/thread. I just cut off what I need with the dremel when something breaks. And studs do break with all the vibration from the 2 strokes.

OK After a little research here Im finding that mounting the motor to the frame with solid mounts is probably the best way. Any kind of spring or rubber mount WILL cause the engine to break the mounting studs sooner or later. So Back to the drawing board.

Am I having fun yet??

A quick trip to the Machine shop and I have a set of 5 inch stainless steel studs
I ordered another set of rear mounts and a few 3/4 inch spacers
more washers, nuts, bolts,

!!!!!!FRANKENKRUISER!!!!!!

1st photo

SANY0126.JPG

I have a photo I took a few days ago I will get some new shots posted soon

After seeing your last picture im sure by adding a mount to the front and back it will work for mounting the engine.I have did it on about 10 Schwinns with the cantilever frame like you have.

Back