Slow Start to my build-Logging.

i just popped in to give the topic an "excellent" rating...this is soo perfect an example of how to use MBc it almost makes me wanna cry...on behalf of members now and later, thank you bolts' :)

yer build looks mighty tight-n-right, and yer camera takes a nice pic, too :cool:

Thanks Audi,

I tried fitting the chain, but it seems to grab at the engine's sprocket. There are some minor machine or manufacturer burrs on the tooth edges and sides of the sprocket so I though by removing it to give it once-over with a light file and polish with finest Wet&Dry. It seems a tight fit when the links of the chain start to engage or exit the sprocket tooth.
How does that sprocket come off the shaft ?
Have removed the nut and this washer is loose, but it seems it may be a special tool set-up to remove the sprocket ??

Pete...give me a call but before u do make a search here for sprocket removal.I've got a few spare KMC chains and the tool you'll need but it shouldn't come to that...u should have got the tool with your kit.
You HT chain should have fitted anyway but who knows with these kits.....it's all a magical mystery tour.

Can you PM your fone number please ?
The only tool in the kit was this tube spanner type thing to remove the nut,which I have done so. It's about removing the sprocket form the crankshaft end.
It ( sprocket teeth) do need a bit of a polish, it's obvious cos you can feel the burr by scraping the metal with the tips of fingernail....!!
Now imagine that, scraping on any new chain, will initially devastate it and brings on nightmares thinking about it !

Where are the German,British and Sweedish,with some French quality ??
Oh ooops, and we cannot forget the Americans to; Harley D's
We need that kind of quality finish from the lads in China, are they up to the challenge ! Can they "do it" and still keep the prices within reach ??

Thanks.

Can you PM your fone number please ?
The only tool in the kit was this tube spanner type thing to remove the nut,which I have done so. It's about removing the sprocket form the crankshaft end.
It ( sprocket teeth) do need a bit of a polish, it's obvious cos you can feel the burr by scraping the metal with the tips of fingernail....!!
Now imagine that, scraping on any new chain, will initially devastate it and brings on nightmares thinking about it !

Where are the German,British and Sweedish,with some French quality ??
Oh ooops, and we cannot forget the Americans to; Harley D's
We need that kind of quality finish from the lads in China, are they up to the challenge ! Can they "do it" and still keep the prices within reach ??

Thanks.
I'm trying to send u the pics of out progress to date but they keep coming back with an error.....please confirm your email by sending one to me: fetor56@internode.on.net
Also did u get the other stuff i sent yesterday?

Progress Today.

This build is nearing the end. Bolted most of the bits and pieces and actually spun the back wheel by hand and it fired up !

Still, got heaps of little things to do and it won't be anywhere near as perfect as it ought to be. It will be a ongoing process on this project, it will need to carry things later on.
The frame still had lots of vibration coming through the handle bars which was surprising.
The rear gear ran true and the chain did not fall off.
There are no chain rattles and the chain provided by Fetor looks 100% better than the one that is provided with the kit. The chain that came with the kit was binding on the front sprocket. The replacement has no problems what so ever.
By having the bike on a stand and running, it will be easier to adjust things but the motor just ran pefectly,tight and responsive.
Clutch cable needed constant adjustment cos it kept stretching but evened out soon after.

I need to figure the breaks, exhaust pipe hits the pedal, or the pedal hits the exhaust pipe depening on one's point of view.
Chain guard seems to be ok and will sort out a fix so it fastens some where at the back.
The only snag I see at this point in time is rear breaks because of the 26" wheel on the 27" inch frame. Hope I find something that will reach on the alloy MB rim at the rear.

Will post some pictures later...

Last edited:
So of the latest pics by Fetor's camera, thanks dude...,

Attachments

• tn_P1010043.JPG
    tn_P1010043.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 240
  • tn_P1010044.JPG
    tn_P1010044.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 190
  • tn_P1010045.JPG
    tn_P1010045.JPG