progress on the whizz

So, as motorbikemike knows, ive been struggling with this thing, if its not one thing its another, and it quickly grew in to something i didnt even want to deal with, i started messing with the wiring harness (for future refrence, i wont do that again) - if you'll recall my friend sold me this whizzer for ultra cheap because his dad didnt ride it anymore.

i took my savings and spent it on fun custom stuff!

monarch fork
triumph controls
banana seat (until i can fab up a proper seat mount that will throw my fat *** over the rear wheel) - then ill go with the leather

its still got a ways to go, but i just ordered a few things from mike that should be here soon (belt tensioner and cool compression release) next up is making a plate for the front fork pivot point thing that can take a disc brake after that, im unsure of its future, i might make an old style excelsior fuel tank, or i might just take the plunge and design a frame - either way im going to paint it. but ill only take it apart when its all dialed up in its current config.

the ppg rep that comes to my shop is all over the thing, he said he will cut me a deal on whatever paint i decide to spray- uh oh- the pin striper also said he would like to have his way with it!

getting this bike has really been one of the more fun projects ive ever done

i rode it home tonight from the shop, my buddy drove my 48 buick behind me, clocked my large behind at tipping on 40- weee

Attachments

• DSC_0002 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    DSC_0002 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 586
  • DSC_0005 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    DSC_0005 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC_0012 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    DSC_0012 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 460
Last edited by a moderator:
It's so cool to see something with a little more beef than the Happy Times. Nice ride.

yeah, the white tires are a pain, but all i really want to worry about is keeping the sidewalls clean

anyone know of a really technical bike shop in the san fernando valley? ive been fixing to get someone to once over the bicycle and maybe give me a stable platform.

thanks for the responses, i have a number of ideas that im just itching to try, time, job, girlfriend forces it to the back burner.. soon tho... soon

hi
great looking bike. be careful of those forks we have had them colapse on a 2000 24" whizzer with the stock drum brake. they just folded up right at the top. they look great just keep your eye on them.

ryan

Love the blue, sweet lookin ride. I've been eyeing those forks. Was going to ask for a mini review. maybe I'll steer clear, now.(lol) They look great on your bike though.

Back