schwinn stingray .

Did water get into the aircleaner? And last did any water get in the fuel?
Hope you find the problem. I own a Harley and love it and the vibs.
Norman
water might have got in the gas i broke the wings by accident and am awaiting arival of a new cam with my new engine, but i pretty much had the tank encased in a ziploc lol but water might have got in the breather i will drain the fuel tommro morning but thanks for the info the vibes were so bad my fone battery came loose...

o.k. i just went outside and i opend the magnito cover i found that there was like 3-4 drops of water is that sufficent to mess it up? as for the wiring i covered it in water resistant electrical tape from the get-go. i might spray wd-40 on it anyway, but i cant find it ill have to go buy some. it ran ok except for the vibs all like 10 miles i rode it today, thats probablly the longest trip its taken yet, im pretty chicken when it comes to cops lol, couyld it be somthing with the engine over revving due to the clutch? cause it sounds kinda like when you rev the engine with it parked. i just adjusted the flower nut yesterday mabey too loose?where i have it set seems ideal no ristance at ALL when i shut the engine off and am riding.

^ ^ ^ WTF. Put a little effort into communicating with other people who like to read.

Break up your posts so we can breathe.

Electrical systems and water DON'T mix very well.It's important to keep the internal electricals ABSOLUTELY dry and keep them dry.
If necessary take your bike inside and open the magneto cover to let the internals dry out FUALLY.A hair dryer or blower heater(on low) will help speed this process.
Reduce the risk of this sorta thing happening again by putting a sealant were water can penetrate(ie,were the wires go through the block)
Do your flower nut up FIRM,u originally undid it so u should know the approx pressure....add blue Loctite.
I've always treated my bike really good and it's never let me down...their nice little engines but not indestructable.

ok thanks. and my bad bean oil i havent really done anything like a fourm in a while,i usually get help from chats.

o.k. I've come to the conclusion that the engine has just worn through the innertubes that i put under the motormounts. thats all i can think of and i have to pay for my own gas, and when you make money mowing and shoveling;there is no money in a soggy melty ground. so i guess if its the gas i wont know until i burn through it unless there are some horrible effects of that. thanks for all the help, when i get wd 40 i will dry the lines. until then the bike is sitting in my shed. cause come friday (estimated time for arrival of my engine) i will have another bike to ride. thanks again - the tater

i was in a chat on new yrs eve and i was showing som 1 my dads bikes, he has a 127" el bruto engine in 1 and he turned 1 into a fat boy look alike he has 2 86 softails..:devilish:

cool 100 he actually helped me with my bike he came up with and helped me get a car spring compresser and bend the frame out to clear the chain.:cool:

Back