Nifty Tools.

MORE TOOLS (Drools?"

1) complete set of aircraft-style sheet-metal shears, all three colors.
2) Ball-pein hammers, at least two - one small item, for center-punching and pin punches, and another that's a bit larger, perhaps twenty-four ounces.
3) a home-cast (did it at Mt Hood(nik) Community college a long time ago) brass-headed hammer.
4) a smallish foundry, able to pour up to two or three pounds of aluminum, or smaller amounts of cuprous alloys. Very useful if one wishes good bushing stock, and even more useful if one wants a 'cool-looking' cylinder head with real meat to it.
5) a gas welding torch.
6) a slip-roller and assortment of tapered mandrels. I've made expansion chambers with nothing more than a hammer, a tapered mandrel, a torch, and tin-snips - and they fit AND worked - sort of. (Kind of narrow powerband as a rule, and all of them were loud. I prefered their noise to most music one could find on the radio, at least when I was a teenager. I'd still rather hear an expansion chamber over country music today!)
7) a suitable noise-maker / or earmuffs as needed to help with concentration.
8) small lathe with tooling.
9) a milling machine.
10) well-filled refrigerator. Unlike Rick Sieman, I prefer iced tea to beer. Since my last surgery, I cannot have beer anyway, not even homebrewed (which I had a definite 'knack' for preparing) or "Black Butte Porter".
(If Rick had some of THAT in his 'fridge', I might sip a little bit. It, and perhaps two other species of beer, were the only alcoholic beverages I actually liked the taste of. The others - Nah, I'll sip 20-1 premix instead. They're that bad.)

Don't have much in the way of foundry tools yet, even if I am getting the insulating refractory bricks still. I need to get a new torch to replace the old one - it's about thirty years old, and a lot of parts are missing. That, and I'm old enough now that I need a lot of help in the area of fatigue. (so handling a regular-sized torch is generally not something I want to do if I'm not getting enough sleep.)

Otherwise, still getting the parts for the setup - that, and working on someone else's motor right now. Need to get that up and running so's I can fetch the remaining materials and start cutting metal.

Back