Nifty Tools.

F

fetor56

Everyone has their favourite tools but not everyone knows exactly what's out there and how much time/trouble/effort they possibly save.
Let's see your tools. :)
1.jpg

2.jpg

heya

i just had to do this because its used mostly in my backyard:eek:

Attachments

• u12663722.jpg
    u12663722.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 633
Closed end racheting wrenches. So freaking handy all over the bike, but especially on bolts where there's just not enough clearance to get even an adjustable wrench in there. One example are the bolts that attach the GEBE engine to the GEBE lower mount strap. With the closed end ratcheting wrenches you can make sure those bolts are nice and tight during your bike inspection without removing the wheel.

-Sam

Attachments

• wrenches.JPG
    wrenches.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 633
  • gebe_mounting_bolts.JPG
    gebe_mounting_bolts.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 655
Those are really great spanners, - I have a couple of them and I wish I had more :D

Closed end racheting wrenches. So freaking handy all over the bike, but especially on bolts where there's just not enough clearance to get even an adjustable wrench in there. One example are the bolts that attach the GEBE engine to the GEBE lower mount strap. With the closed end ratcheting wrenches you can make sure those bolts are nice and tight during your bike inspection without removing the wheel.

-Sam

I've seen them.Their rather expensive but unfortunately the ones i saw were only for tightening....yours are better because they look to have forward and reverse.....nice. :)

Three of my (current) favorite flashlights:

1. Economy 9v pak-lite. $10 from CyberGuys (http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/SearchDetail.asp?productID=9822).
Is this the cutest little thing you've ever seen or what? The plastic cap that is the entire light comes off and can be put on any 9v battery. 50 hour burn time. The light output is really amazing. It may look teeny, but it is a seriously functional light. They have a fancier one, but it's $20. Believe it or not, the plastic cap is made of that stuff that absorbs light, so it glows green in the dark for about 15 minutes after you turn it off! As John Belushi used to say, it's the most fun you can have with your pants on.

2. "Flat" lantern. Got it for about $15 from an electronics store about 7 years ago. It basically gives off the same light as the old 9v camping lanterns, but because it uses 4D batteries, it's only 1.5" thick! So handy for tight spaces.

3. Pelican MityLite. About $20 from local camping stores. A really tough, bright light that replaced my old mini-mag light. It has a good burn time and is *completely* waterproof.

Attachments

• flashlight_9v.jpg
    flashlight_9v.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 515
  • DSC00509.JPG
    DSC00509.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 545
  • DSC00507.JPG
    DSC00507.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 498
I've seen them.Their rather expensive but unfortunately the ones i saw were only for tightening....yours are better because they look to have forward and reverse.....nice. :)

If they don't have a switch for on and off, you only have to flip the wrench (spanner) over to reverse the direction.

If they don't have a switch for on and off, you only have to flip the wrench (spanner) over to reverse the direction.

LOL....geez i didn't think of that...how obvious.
I'll go back to that shop where i saw them cos their on special at the mo.
Thanks man. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back