Nifty Tools.

I thought it was a 'brain-fart' when I saw your first post :LOL: (momentary lapse only !!!)
that said, I have seen ratcheting wrenches with a lever to reverse them, which I assume, is what you were referring to :D

The wrenches in smapadatha's pic have a switch. Actually they're the only ones I've seen with a switch. It seems unnecessary.

Heres a picture of a couple of hole punches I made out of tubing. The small one is 1/4 inch. The large one is one inch. Used over wood backing. They can be made from rectangular tube as well. An easy way to make gaskets.

Attachments

• DSC06316.jpg
    DSC06316.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,225
Now I'll show you a picture of one of my favorite tools. It's called a "treadle hammer" (in England they call it an "oliver"). It's not the sort of thing you take with you, it weighs about four hundred pounds, with about an eighty pound head weight. Operated by foot power. It's very useful for a variety of tasks, pretty much any thing you might be able to make tooling for. This is what I use to drive the punches.

Attachments

• DSC06312.jpg
    DSC06312.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 1,385
lol...very good.
So that means i'll have the complete 2 sets,one for forwards and one for backwards.I might even tape them together and be really smart about it. :D

Also without a reverse switch one can get that ratchet stuck on a nut where you can't get the tool off cause the #$%^&# nut won't go the other way then you have to take apart a hacksaw cause it's too &*()%$#@ big to get in there then your spending an entire afternoon hacksawing the bolt in half so you can salvage your $#%@^! tool.
..not like I ever did this or anything...:)

Heres a picture of a couple of hole punches I made out of tubing. The small one is 1/4 inch. The large one is one inch. Used over wood backing. They can be made from rectangular tube as well. An easy way to make gaskets.
Spent bullet shells make awesome holes in gaskets as well.

Back