G'day! from Sydney, Oz

Z

zumer

Hi, I've just discovered these forums although I've been a motorised biker for a while. My bike is a Mongoose comfort 26" frame with a Sachs "Spartamet" rear wheel motor, and I use it to commute to work and back, around 80 km a day. I'm near 50, married with daughter for more than half that, and I moved to a helper motor because I'm too old and physically brokedown to ride all that way under my own steam, which I did up until about six years ago. I carry quite a bit of equipment backwards and forwards, too, which adds to the weight.
The bike's great, although there are a lot of (almost always young guys in the passenger seat, not driving) idiots who think that I'll be interested in their opinion, which is almost always derogatory, or screamed out as their car looms up behind in an effort to startle me. So I wear earplugs, which don't drown out all the noise, but do attenuate it to a comfortable level.
The bike uses 1.2 litres for 80 km, which equates to 1.5l/100km, or 165 mpg. No registration necessary and averages probably 26 km/h, comfortable and not too frustrating.

Pleased to meet you all, you guys have a lot of interesting bikes

Back