Engine Mounts

Motor mounts

I have been looking into alot of different ways of mounting these motors
I have found that hard mounting them is the most common I have tried a rubber mount a leaf spring mount. but by soft mounting these little motors opens the door to a world of problems vibration being the worst. breaking studs is another. I made stainless steel studs for my mounts. But I still wanted to find a way to soft mount the motor

I came up with Teflon Solid teflon stock is soft enough to absorb the vibration and solid enough to reduce the metal on metal friction as well Solid Teflon is not cheap but all anyone will need is a .50 inch spacer made for both front and rear mounts. Im making a set of these for my build

I have been looking into alot of different ways of mounting these motors
I have found that hard mounting them is the most common I have tried a rubber mount a leaf spring mount. but by soft mounting these little motors opens the door to a world of problems vibration being the worst. breaking studs is another. I made stainless steel studs for my mounts. But I still wanted to find a way to soft mount the motor

I came up with Teflon Solid teflon stock is soft enough to absorb the vibration and solid enough to reduce the metal on metal friction as well Solid Teflon is not cheap but all anyone will need is a .50 inch spacer made for both front and rear mounts. Im making a set of these for my build
Yours is a good idea and we sure would appreciate any feedback about how well they work..how durable they are...how much they cost,etc.Please post pics when u do.

More photos

You can see the rear mount with the teflon spacer block

The rest of the bike is still in the mock up stages when I am satisfied with
everything I will test fire and run the bike and then off to paint

SANY0128.JPG

SANY0129.jpg

I still have the tank to finish and the wheels to be built Im going with a drum front break set up I still have not decided on the rear hub yet

Last edited:
I've never heard of this teflon stock. Intriguing. Where do you buy it? Can you work it with just hand tools or does it require milling/machining?

mrspock if you beam over to bicycle engines.com,they have that mount.An interduction would help us to meet and know you.louis

mrspock if you beam over to bicycle engines.com,they have that mount.An interduction would help us to meet and know you.louis
I can't tell by their poor picture if it's the right one or not. I can't see the attached piece and no mounts on the ends that attach to the tubes. Can't take the chance on losing $50. It could be the same as the one I have.

Back