Hello from Australia

S

Streetvision

Hey guys,
If i get that 48cc motor (www.zbox.com.au) that means technically i could ride it like a one speed motorbike? or would i have to pedal all the time too.
or is 48cc quite powerful for it's application on a bike? i know it's max speed is like 30kmph but thats fast enough. i guess im just looking for a kinda mini motorbike that i can ride around where push bikes can go

Because the only other thing i know of is a pit bike, but they're too noisy, illegal and attract a lot of attention. i'm trying to do this legally

Cheers
Todd

Hey,

Max speed from a 49cc engine is between 25-30mph not KPH!

You'd be looking at 50kph/30mph or so - I could get that off the 25.4cc zenoah belt drive

The engine is suitable for a bike but its advisable to have a fairly good frame and good brakes.

Other advice includes building very carefully to keep things in trim and pre and post ride checks.. just look through the forum for more information - the frame mount engine area is where to start...

nice too see you here

Jemma xx

Well, i am also considering buying a new bike, then at least i know i can get the dimensions and stuff and ensure a nice and easy fit.

would disc breaks be a necessity?

Welcome to MBc. Read and research in the forums. There's lots of discussion of frames, speeds, and brakes. The info is out there.

Welcome to MBc. Read and learn. Post to the appropriate section From the Giant Side of Texas!

Welcome, MBC is a great place. everbody is very helpful & lots of good info, just have to take your time & serch. Have fun & once you get bit by that bike bug, you just can't stop. Good luck, Dan

hey todd, i got the 66cc from zbox and i love it, running in is a hassle but the speeds gettin up there. i average about 35ks at the moment but it seems to be lagging at the mo great fun though.

Back