An older new guy

S

smitty

Hey all-
This is my very first attempt at any kind of forum, And I'm a little intimidated.
I am also pretty much computer illiterate. So I'm sorry if I make any mistakes.
That being said, I'll also say that it's been fun reading all you have to say.
My back ground: I started working in bicycle shops in 1973 and spent maybe twelve or fifteen years doing that, then decided I needed to make some money so I got a "real" job. But I never lost my love for bicycles. I now have twelve bicycles, one has been motorized. It's the one I ride the most, and I don't have to tell you, IT IS FUN!
Now, after several other careers, I work as a blacksmith, again making not much money. but having more fun than ever. The one big advantage is that I can make any parts I can dream up. My biggest problem now is that I know very little about small engines. Now that I've found this place I expect most of my questions can be answered. Maybe they've already been answered, and I just need to figure out how to find them.
Oh yeah, I live in Santa Cruz CA. and have a Chinese (as advertised) 80cc two stroke on an old Murray Monterey. Thanks in advance for everything!

very nicely done, sincerely. i think you're really gonna like it here. you have a good chance of meeting some real-life riding buddies, too, CA definitely has it's share :)

welcome to MBc :cool:

ps-the "Forum Help & Suggestion Box" is always open & we have some seasoned folks who will be glad to help you with any forum issues.

Welcome to the tribe. Everyone will benifit from your knowledge. From the Giant Side of Texas!

Back