Power up with Nitro Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll find that any fuel can be run in any engine, so long as the fuel receives the correct conditions for it to burn.

In the real world, higher octane fuel in a standard engine will not make more power, though it will maintain more even combustion chamber pressure throughout the power stroke; giving slightly higher low and mid-range torque.
Typically the engine will also operate more smoothly.

My preferred fuel option is 98 octane but since i use 20:1 the octane number is reduced due to the higher oil/fuel ratio as compared to 35:1 or 50:1

If you wanted to run Nitromethane, my advise would be to run a twin carburettor setup, with one carburettor run with conventional fuel/oil premix and the second carburettor run with delayed throttle opening in a linked setup; running a seperate nitro/alcohol mixture and jetted accordingly, together with oil injection so the overall air/fuel ratio and fuel/oil ratio is correct at wide open throttle.
Some of the Dellorto carburettors have an oil injection port that would support this goal.

Fabian

geeeez..why bother?
you're never going to get much more power out of a chinese 2 stroke, even if you add every speed part and do every porting, polishing, milling and tuning trick out there.
these motors were just not meant to make that kind of power.

Its the oxygenate in the fuel. alcohol has more than gasoline nitro methane has a whole bunch more than alcocol. You are not burning fuel you are making use of available oxygen. Thats why you need to go bigger in the jetting. Alcohol and nitro motors also use seals and diaphrams and such parts made from different materials that are not resistant to gasoline and the other way around.

ackahol requires a jet a least 40% larger, along with other mods to the fuel system so they don't get eaten.

If your going to swet your own, why waste it in the bike? Drink it yourself and enjoy the savings!

Hi!

This may sound a little off of the wall, but has anyone heard of using the "other" nitro in gasoline engines. I remember back in the 70's alot of people raced with nitro - yes the glycerine or the glycol which is much safer to make. Very small amounts were added to the gasoline fuel....some fraction of a percent if I'm not mistaken. Does anyone know where to find old working formula's for using the nitrated glycol with gasoline in racing? Obviously one would want to cut that tiny percent in half or more. As I understand the percentages used then were so small that it was difficult to check if anything like that was added to the fuel. Probably something like 0.1% or less, but don't hold me to that, it's obviously not a joke for your engine. And if you ever decide you want to make it, you should realise that all the recipes on the internet do not give the proper warnings you would need to save your life. So forget about it unless you have someone with something ready.
But has anyone even heard of it before?

Here's an interesting quote from another forum:

"For your imformation, propolene oxide was the first additive banned from racing. After one racer totally dominated the pro stock class for 10 years, NHRA and IHRA determined it was a power adder and banned it use. History proves them right. After one funny car totally dominated NHRA and IHRA for four years, and went one year never getting beat , and set the record two tenths quicker, and 10 mph faster, NHRA banned the use of NOS. It was not illegal when either racer was using it, Both people took the time to make the compression ratio match the fuel. This is why most people don't see much difference when they just dump it in the tank. Import fuel is the most oxegenated fuel made, it is banned in NHRA, IHRA, NASCAR, FORMULA ONE, AMA. ISR. It is allowed in some series that run outlaw classes, with turbo's and blowers, and NOS. It is considered a power adder. I think if racers didn't think it worked, why would they continue to pay $26 dollars a gallon for it.. Import fuel most notable quality, is it has the ability to lower cylinder temperature by 40 to 70 degrees, this is most important in turbo and supercharged applications.

No matter what rules you run by, Keep on Racing"

http://www.worldwideracingfuels.com/category.aspx?categoryID=288

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDGBxwoaCiE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_oxide

This one is good: http://www.ehow.com/how_7528856_add-oxygen-gas.html

bubble oxygen through petrol and you wont be around to tell the tale much longer :giggle:

i always wondered as a kid why they bother using nos as an oxygenator instead of using straight oxygen.

ive learnt stuff since then :)

theres a pretty simple oxygenator you can make yourself with the right stuff... its basically water, hint hint... injecting it is tricky though.

bubble oxygen through petrol and you wont be around to tell the tale much longer :giggle:

i always wondered as a kid why they bother using nos as an oxygenator instead of using straight oxygen.

ive learnt stuff since then :)

theres a pretty simple oxygenator you can make yourself with the right stuff... its basically water, hint hint... injecting it is tricky though.

HHO? =-))) It's easier to break down at higher temps)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back