Power up with Nitro Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering....

Can we mix some paint thinner with the petrol. since our engines have Piston controlled inlet port, the mixture will not enter the crankcase thus damaging the mechanical parts. i only was thinking about a very small ammount of thinner. what do youi think. too heavy??? :???:

My friend in Kenya once told me about how his dad ran a Datsun pickup on diesel, and it worked no problem. As fetor56 said as long as it starts on petrol, it will run on anything that burns (within reason). What about putting WD40 in the fuel, apparently it gives a major boost. It makes a great starting fluid by the way, just put a small amount on the air filter.

BSA

I'm sure your friends sister's brother's uncle's best friend's Datsun was a diesel engine.

Diesel's octane rating is too low for it to work in a regular compression engine without destroying it from detonation/piston knock.

WD40 won't work. There is no miracle boost so PLEASE don't think there is. It doesn't exist. What's wrong with using plain ole gasoline?

My 2 cents.I have been runnig this fuel mixture for two years with out any engine melt down.1/2 gallon 110 octane racing fuel,1/2 gallon 92 octane gas with 5 ounces Amsoil Dominator Synthetic 2 Cycle Racing Oil,1 ounce Marvel Mystery Oil.I also use a NGK B5HS spark plug (gap at .028).With this mixture a get quick starts,clean burning an added punch at low and high end rpms.

My 2 cents.I have been runnig this fuel mixture for two years with out any engine melt down.1/2 gallon 110 octane racing fuel,1/2 gallon 92 octane gas with 5 ounces Amsoil Dominator Synthetic 2 Cycle Racing Oil,1 ounce Marvel Mystery Oil.I also use a NGK B5HS spark plug (gap at .028).With this mixture a get quick starts,clean burning an added punch at low and high end rpms.

Using higher octane fuel in a low compression engine DOES NOTHING and DOES NOT put your engine at risk of meltdown. The low punch you are feeling is due to the fact your wallet is lighter from the higher price you are paying.

110 octane fuel does not start easier. Octane is a measurement of autoignition resistance. By definition, higher octane fuels are "harder" to ignite than lower octane fuels.

I'm glad your mixture works for you but your posting implies misinformation.

Just the other day I saw a ricer adding two bottles of rubbing alcohol to his gas tank. I over heard him talking to his buddy that the alcohol made his car run faster. It was 70% rubbing alcohol which meant 30% of what he just added was WATER. Hope the temp didn't go below freezing last night.

Can you use marvel mystery oil as 2 stroke oil?Ive read somewhere it orginally was 2 stroke oil.

What would the pain thinner accomplish?

Sorry for not replying before.

I heard them say thiner help to have a stronger burn but somtimes it tends to ruin an intire engine but when using it with reed valves since the mixture get in contact with the crankcase but in our case it doesn't. so i tought a small dose of thinner would help to help for a more powerful burn

What would the pain thinner accomplish?

ive put paint thinners in with my fuel for a while, I didnt really notice anything (maybe a slight power increase but thats probably because my engine is very unreliable), my power varies depending on the weather (and depending on what colour my shirt is it seems)
Ive put loads of stuff in with my fuel just to see if it makes any difference and ive come to the conclusion that the best additive is more petrol.:D

I agree, the best way is to experiment and see what works for you. My criticisms are based on established facts but there are always exceptions to the rule.

FYI, the higher air temps and high humidity decrease air density making the mixture richer which decreases power output. A 5 deg F temperature change can have a noticeable affect on engine power. It did for those two 4500 shaft horsepower Lycoming T55-L12's I used to strap myself into in my past life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back