Power up with Nitro Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive put nitro fuel in an old 2 stroke generator i think it was like a 8(gas);1nitro ratio, i didn't notice anything diffrent, it just started a little easier.The reason why they say start on gas is because you would never be able to start it on nitro, on the rc cars they have a tiny glowplug to heat up everything, without the heat it isn't starting.Ill look for a weedwacker to try out 100% nitro in, ill just add a bit of 2 stroke oil in it.

Topfuel cars run mostly on high nitro fuels and they run sparkplugs and not glowplugs. Caddy, the info you provided to put it nicely, is bogus.

RC engines have a glow plugs because the glow plug is helpful in initiating the catalytic reaction between the platinum based glow plug coil element and the methanol in RC fuel. Heating up the glow plug with an electrical current helps the catalytic reaction along but isn't necessary. I've got the suture scares on my thumb as proof that a glow engine can start without a hot glow plug (25 stitches at an emergency room after an engine that I was rotating and appyling afterrun oil to the bearings started on me).

The Zenoa G23 is a popular engine that is run on glow fuel or gasoline. Both are run with sparkplugs.

Running any amount of nitro into a gas engine will lean the engine out. Not a problem if engine is running rich but will cause engine damage if it isn't. Your weedwacker will be destroyed if you run high nitro/methanol based fuel. But hey, its your money.

From my understanding(and some experience) engines will run on just about anything combustable provided u start them with the proper fuel in the first place.There's a good chance though that you'll ruin the engine.
MANY years ago i tried starting a 2-stroke Husquvarna 450cc Scramble bike with fuel meant for a Speedway bike but no-way would it start....not kicking...not pushing...not nothin.
These days i'm more of a fan of sticking with the right fuel and tweek the rest....seems safer.

Last edited by a moderator:
just a thought, has anyone taken into consideration that a gallon of rc car nitro fuel is $20.00? just thinking.

Just thinking out loud here, but has anyone had any luck with running higher octane fuels mixed with their oil? I use Mark 2 race gas (110 octane) mixed with Castrol 747 oil at a ratio of 35:1 for all my racing pocket bikes and it's worked great for me for well over a year now! But I did have to rejet my carbs to larger main jets on all my bikes. I might try this option with my motored mountain bike a little later on? I've also got a friend who likes to run pure alcohol in some of his racing pocket bikes. He claims higher rpms and quicker power bands with the use of pure alcohol, but has to rebuild the engines much more frequently!!!

Here's a link to where I purchase my race fuel (Mark 2):

http://www.proracingfuels.com/Products.html

Cheers............
Steve

Higher octane fuel on a 6.5:1 compression ratio engine is useless,waste of money, will make starting engine a little more difficult, and add to carbon build up.

Up the compression ratio to over 10:1 and then you can use 110 octane fuel. Folks think that high octane means power but that is a silly notion on a low compression low tech engine.. High octane means more power in engines designed for high octane(high compression engines or forced air induction engines).

Its sad to see the ricer mentality mindset on this forum.

Its sad to see the ricer mentality mindset on this forum.

I do want to point out that I've successfully used race gas in most of my racing pocket bikes, but the engines in these bikes were just that! They were built to increase compression and therefore require a higher octane fuel source. Most pocket bikes do not require this, since their compression ratios are fairly low and pump gas is more than enough.

Currently my motored mountain bike engine is remaining stock (original carb, pipe, no porting, no piston shaping/ cutting, no shaving of top head, all original gaskets). But in the near future I will implement all of the above performance mods one at a time and will then begin to test out my race fuels. But only after I've bumped up the compression ratio no doubt!

Though I do think these engines will benefit greatly from a reed box system as well as all of the above mentioned mods. Every little bit counts!

P.S. I hope you don't think I'm too much of a ricer minded individual. I can't stand it when kids come up to me to ask if buying Octane Boost from the local auto store will help give them more power in their pocket bikes and motored bikes!!!!!!LOL

Cheers..............
Steve

The acetone issue has been debunked by many. If it really worked, the fuel companies would be adding it at the pump and advertising their fuel as offering better fuel economy.

Anybody want to put one of those 40 dollar magnets on their fuel line for better fuel economy?

ummmmmmmmmmm well now the one way that can be done

is simple smaller gear thats it man ther is really nothing that can be done

plus it gets great mpg as is and just to get more out of a simple engine

is well all mechanical tuning so as i said just a smaller sprocket

for less rev means less fuel consumption thats it later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back