Whizzer oil

T

tomdavid55

I did a search on this question but ame up with zilch. I just bought a new 2007 Whizzer. I need to drain the break-in oil and replace it according to the manual, with SG SAE 40w, which I can't find. I'm wondering if SG SAE 10w 40 is close enough. Anybody know?
Thanks in advance

that should work just fine. I personally, and this is just me so I'm not really pushing any recomendations on anyone else here, change out my oil every ride, so I just buy the big jug of 40 at WalMart, and use that. Every ride i've fresh oil, ands I don't use synthetic, just straight up, good ol' fashioned oil.

HI I use straight weight 40, no "multi grades" as some Whizzers have a tendancy to blow a fine mist of oil out of the breather, and the heavier oil moves slower.

Mike

Use straight 40 W oil for the first 500 miles. If you use multi-grade or synt. oil the metal parts won't seat correctly during the break-in process. I suggest changing the oil at 50 miles, 100 miles, and every 100 miles up to 500. The straight 40 weight oil can be purchased at Walmart, Kmart or any auto parts store [NAPA, Advance, etc.]
Quenton

I know this is an old thread but I have question about oil for a vintage Whizzer. I have read that the vintage Whizzer uses 30wt oil. Is this a typo? I sure don't want to use the wrong oil when I fire up my freshly rebuilt "H" motor.

I personally, and this is just me so I'm not really pushing any recomendations on anyone else here, change out my oil every ride, so I just buy the big jug of 40 at WalMart, and use that. Every ride i've fresh oil, ands I don't use synthetic, just straight up, good ol' fashioned oil.

I'm really not trying to criticize, but isn't that a bit of a waste? That's like changing the motor oil in my car every Saturday. Unless every ride is across state...

Back