Old School MotorBike

4-StrokeBS

Hello from Paducah KY. I have bin mulling around in your MotoredBikes site for a coupple weeks now and really enjoy the postings and Pic,s.
I am a Machenist by trade and I have bin building and riding bikes since I was about 12 and I am now 60 and I still injoy it as a hobby, About 6 Yrs. ago I built a coupple HD look a likes, They both have 2 hp. Briggs & Straton horizontal shaft motors that I have kinverted to free air, I senter mounted them in the frame and both are friction drive off the rear wheel and do about 27 Mph.
One looks like a 1905 HD built with a Schwinn Varsety frame and the other is a smaller schwinn diamond frame made to look like HD's greay quiet one.
I have maney Pic.s at PhotoBicket and if I can figure out how to get the link from there to here I will post it

Welcome to the group. Follow the directions for posting picture and lets see your jewels. Old guys welcomed here as I now is one on the Giant Side of Texas

4-stroke HOW did you reverse rotation ??? real nice rides,out the box thinking. louis

Hay Ratroder, I cut the PTO shaft off flush with the motor and put the drive pulley on the flywheel, The motor is still runing in the normal direction, I just put it in the bike backwords, If I turn it around and have the carb to the rear the motor will then be turning forward, For chaine drive maby :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back